Mjrstar's bugeye starlet.

mjrstar

I had planned on running perspex, but the noise of the pump encouraged me to run the aluminium instead.

So take one piece of aluminium, fold and trim to suit.

DSCF2206.jpg

Add 3 layers of wrinkle paint, and cook for 20-25 minutes at 90 Degrees.

DSCF2207.jpg

The cook portion of this recipe was a tad difficult as it was too big for the kitchen oven :evil: and cooking temp plays a major part in making the wrinkle even.

Shithouse photo - front seat is in the way so just a blind shot

DSCF2221.jpg

I ended up using my temp gun and a pair of halogen lamps, not ideal and it is a bit patchy on one side (went to answer the phone in the shed and lost heat in that side of the panel) but hey it'll do the job and should be a heap less reflecty in the rear view mirror than if i had painted it gloss red or left it bare aluminium.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Wow nearly a year without an update - some minor progress with regards to seating as the bride passenger seat will now take up duties as the drivers seat in the mazda, i found a second autosport in black for cheaps which is pretty similar to the blue one i have in the car.. Almost finished jamming that in last weekend..

other than that it's just been getting some dry day "road testing" to keep the oil flowing... and still keeping an eye out for donor struts to coil-over the rear. 

anyway... expect bigger updates on mazda I think..