RX_007's Kiwi new 121 !!!

RX_007

Kia ora guys ...

Me name is Pat I'm originally from Thailand but has been in NZ but a long long while now.

About me cars I have always been a Mazda fan my first car is a 1990 Mazda Familia GT I had a little accident involving power pole and phone box so after that incident I bought myself SA22C !! yes boys and girls me first Rotary it wasnt in the best cond but got to start somewhere right ?

Since then I moved on to a few FD3S's(one of them dubbed "RX 007" hence the user name-some of you may have seen this ??) and now this ....

1978 Mazda 121 with a 2 litre Piston .. hmmm not an RX5 but oh well

141,xxx kms Most of its is still orginal even the windscreen with the aerial that goes right thru the middle

Anyway Here it is I called it " The poo brown " !!! Actually My wife came up with the name and I'm sticking with it

p1020264h.jpg

jnc2.jpg

jnc3.jpg

jnc4.jpg

jnc5.jpg

jnc6.jpg

jnc7.jpg

jnc8.jpg

As you can see she's a minter ... I have got a a few plans for it but not too radical maybe giving it a rotary treatments ??

I would rather keep the original interior too even though my wife does not like it haha .. it's so retro and ugly yet its cool !!!

I want to dump it too so once I dump it I will put some more pics up.

Anyway let me know what u guys think about my poo brown !

I am open any suggestions but doesnt mean that I am goin to do it

• 2 weeks later...

Geez thanks for all your comments you guys are really enthusiastic here .. haha then again you probably got a life

Anyway ...

Front end before ....

p1020249h.jpg

So .. I have decided to take these ugly rubber protectors off

p1020290m.jpg

and snapped one bolt along the way .. mind you this is 31 years old bolt

p1020292h.jpg

and 31 years old worth of dirt build up ....

p1020293y.jpg

brushing me grill !!!

p1020295d.jpg

headlight surrounds before .. darker shade of grey and

p1020311d.jpg

and after .. brigther silver

p1020312.jpg

and after all the work .... priceless haha .. I couldnt get the grill shinier especially up the top and pity about those rust spots underneath the headlight

p1020321u.jpg

That's it for now kids ...

Oops didnt know that there is such a thing as build discussion topic haha my bad

Well I thought I show you guys some imprefections and some randoms

Engine bay .. She's a stocker alright .. well apart from the oil cap and minus the rubber hose that goes on top of the manifold to the air filter but i dont need it anyway since it will be always in the garage so no icing up carbie

p1020331o.jpg

Engine shot from the other side ! Note the newly painted airfilter cover ...

p1020335r.jpg

I have decided to change the wheel nuts and I was dead set on ones the similar color to the car which I've found .. they are extra extra long bozo style ... My Mrs. thinks they are ugly .. what do you guys reckon ?? Well I like them anyway plus I was having a hard time taking some of the nuts off in fact nearly snapped them so just as well I changed them

p1020337.jpg

the crack right the middle of the dashboard :x

p1020340l.jpg

and the back parcel tray .. any suggestions of what I should do here carpet , vinyl , cf ??? etc ???

p1020341d.jpg

some faded paint .. not sure if you can see it but this is one of the worst panel

p1020348iw.jpg

over the years there were some fuel leaks due to old fuel cap I have now sort this out but obviously the old owner could not care less if you look carefully you might be able to see the fuel trails .. u know what I mean ?

p1020349k.jpg

and one of the worst (visible) rust spots

p1020350c.jpg

The manuals I got with the car !!! Original too :lol:

p1020343a.jpg

some specs ....

p1020345e.jpg

and some more .. might be useful for somebody ??

p1020346v.jpg

This is the best bit ever ... It's from the casette manual

p1020347.jpg

HAHA attractive alright !!!