Adjst balance belt tension without removing cambelt etc?4g63

efp0wa

Hey guys,

Hopefully fuel will reply with another awesomely informative post.

I basically want/need to know: Can I adjust the balance belt tension without removing the cambelt? It tends to squeel occasionally (at first I thought it was the p/s or alt belt, but it wasnt).

EDIT: After just looking at a pic and remembering something, the belt is cogged isnt it. So how would it be slipping? What else would cause belt squeel?

if it were slipping then the balance shaft would be out of sync and you would get some massive vibrations.

are you 100% positive it isn't the alternator or power steering belts? Have you tried removing them altogether and seeing if it squeals or not still? Just because a belt is tensioned up doesn't mean it wont still squeal or slip, old belts with age go hard and start to slip or stretch.

Yes I thought that about the balance shaft also.

I'm not 100% on the alternator one, I will double check (at 3pm). The belts are brand new. It possibly may be the alternator belt as the squeeling occurs more so when vehicle is started at night with the lights running.

It is probably me due to being in a rush to get the van going and i made a stuff up with tightening a bolt :oops: