mini mafia's 73 mini ute

Kelvin

So i finally dragged my old girl back home today so i could put it back on the road so i got some thing to get around in wile im doing the engine swap in the Mazda.i first bought it about 6 years ago, fixed/boogied it up and drove it round for about three years in which time i think i painted it at least 5 times. got sick of it about three years ago and sold it to my dad but ive decided to claim it back :D

anyway picks and what i got dun today.

PC080534.jpg

PC080536.jpg

looked a bit rusty under the rocker cover so i thought lid whip the head off and have a qwik look

PC090549.jpg

PC090554.jpg

as soon as i got the studs loose water started coming out around the bottom of the head, hopefully get the rest of the engine out tomorrow and i think there may be a spear metro engine to go in some were in the shed

• Like 1

i got the engine out yesterday, then i was thinking what colour i should paint it next and thought maybe i just wont.

so bare metal it is,have just sprayed it with GIBBS mega penetrant to keep it from rusting

PC110557.jpg

anyone have any good idears for removing paint without damaging the metal? i spent three hours with paint striper and a scraper and all i got done was one door and an A panel.

also going to put the wheels i had on one of my old travellers on but may have to wait till after it has a wof as the tyres are kinda small

g.jpg

thinking about putting the engine out of one of the old race cars in it for a bit more fun,thats also been sitting for a few years now so will have to look into it a bit more first

• 2 weeks later...

so ive got one side striped, well almost any way.the GIBBS mega penetrant stuff i was using to coat the metal wasn't working so good so im spraying the metal with a clear coat as i go

PC200580.jpg

every time a look at it i find some thing else i need to do/replace.

i pulled the right sill off and have patched up most of the iner sill, last time i was up at minibitz Lee had some van sills there so next time im up that way il grab some new ones

PC200578.jpg

PC200577.jpg

also the right end cap of the rear valiance had rusted out so i cut that off as well but ive already got some new ones that came with a panel van i had a few years ago so will weld them on when i get time this week

PC200579.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

so yuh havint really done stuff all with this as of late,its all back to beer metal and ive got the new sills but thought i mite as well do the floor as well so am now waiting for one of them.

got bored the other day and put some paint on some wheels,was thinking black would look better but now im not so sure

P1240755.jpg

P1240761.jpg

P1240764.jpg

opinions?