m0ss4yy's Hillman Hunter

m0ss4yy

I had to take the centre console out to get to the wiring, because for some reason, when i brake, the right front dip light also comes on, and when the headlightes are on, that same light goes dull whereas the left one is normal.. and when I brake the panel lights shine lol, then when its night and i have the interior lights on and i brake, the more i press the brake, the more the lights on the inside shine lol.. so i had to take the panel out.

p301109155201.jpg

...and in doing so my panel switch came apart :( I lost a little piece inside it so if anyone has one id like a replacements please :P

p2911091226.jpg

So i was just thinking today, that i MUST get a new steeringwheel and boss kit whenever i can cause the old bus sized wheel doesnt cut it for me

p301109155203.jpg

..i lost a trademe auciton overnight by 1 cent on a new wheel :|

And i need to sort out the bumper, cause the longer i leave it, the worse its gonna get.. Pm me if you know how to repair it? ive tried everything, clr, sanding it, etc.. still looks fucked.. it goes away with a sand but comes back in 2 days

p301109155401.jpg

Any ideas?

I have decided that while the centre console panel is out, im gonna make everything look nice and neat again, so i scraped all the crap off the switch panel, and gave it a coat of "satin black",

p3011091730.jpg

cant decide what to cover the little gaps with though? I was thinking of black Duraseal or that stick on carbon fibre shit.. just so it looks a little tidier than massive gaps? Thoughts?

I also came across the muffler i got ages ago, to go with my 3" straight through exhaust :lol: ..Yeah right (maybe one day)

p3011091731.jpg

The tach turned up today

p0212092137.jpg

So i decided to get out the soldering iron and go hard

p0312091121.jpg

So now most of the wires under the dash that had problems with lighting etc, i think iv sorted out, just need to figure out that weird dip light situation :x

Had to do a bit of customising to make the gauge be able to actually face the driver as opposed to how it came, (could only tilt back about 10 degrees)

p0212092136.jpg

But now the inside of the car is back to being a complete mess with wires and shit eveywhere :lol:

Need to source that piece from the switch still :?

I decided to leave the switch panel in petrol for an hour and strip the paint off it so it was nice and shiny again.. But then I needed something to cover up the gaps nicely, so I got some of that stick on carbon fibre stuff of TradeMe..

p0712091814.jpg

And that looks alright, thought it would look out of place, but it goes better than it did before

p0712091817.jpg

Just need to fix the switch now.. :?

• 2 weeks later...

Started to make some speaker boxes today, and finished them off today 8)

First, I bought a big piece of mdf on gst free thursday at mitre10 mega

p1712091253.jpg

Then made the cuts with the jigsaw, and stuck it all together

p171209174701.jpg

Then I silicone sealed the boxes and bought some wire connector thingys

p181209204701.jpg

and made a hold on the back for them

p181209204702.jpg

Then I looked for something to cover the boxes in and came across this black suede type shit

so I stuck that to the outside and put some polyester in the boxes, and put the wire thingys in the back

p1912091700.jpg

Screwed the speakers in place. and done :D

p1912091719.jpg

Total Cost: $14.00 8)

Airbox arrived today from bubblegoose 8)

p2112091042.jpg

And remember this hole?

p1711091458.jpg

I sent that little plate to bubblegoose aswell and now its like this

p2112091658.jpg

Hole Fixed :D

So I put everything on...

p2112091620.jpg

And bought 2 of these thingys from some plumbing shop

p2112091657.jpg

and turned them into p type clips [couldnt find any p clips anywhere so i had to improvise

p2112091653.jpg

^This is so my fuel pipe doesnt melt on the exhaust manifold (I have burnt/melted other things on there before) :lol:

Had a few problems as of late..

Car wont start with either single carb, or twins [On twins the 3rd and 4th cylinders were flooding, front 2 were fine.] On single carb, all 4 flood.

The points i Have in currently are sweet, condensor is new, cap is new, and so is the rotor.

So I have a bit of testing to do to get to the bottom of the problem :doubt:

Gonna be a looooong couple of weeks.. hopefully nothing too serious.. ie. Compression loss :|

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got bored today, noticed I had some mdf left, so i decided a dual cup holder might be nice in the ol' Hunter, so I went at it. with:

1) a template for the space its going to fit in

p1901102026.jpg

2) Jigsaw

p1901102027.jpg

And the mdf as mentioned 8)

Circled around a crc can for a rough size, and cut holes out (terribly i might point out :lol: ), and then went around the edges with the jigsaw to make them a wee bit larger, so Wendy's etc. cups will fit in aswell as the stubbies :D

p190110202701.jpg

Used the same felt/suede type shit i used to cover my speaker boxes, to cover up the horrible looking wood colour :wink:

p1901102100.jpg

Haven't fitted the cup holders into the centre console yet, but it matches the template, so it shall be good :D

Whahooo, dual cup holders 8) (still need some glue on the edges to stop the material fraying and going all tatty looking

Took off the manifolds today (and a bit more stuffs), to attempt to repair the exhaust leak coming from between the exhaust and inlet manifolds

p2301101747.jpg

p2301101746.jpg

Gasket semi fucked (like this is many parts)

p2301101749.jpg

Here's where the leak was coming from..

p230110174701.jpg

made a mess of me inlet manifold

p230110174703.jpg

Oh no!! Broke the studs coming out of the exhaust manifold. Oh well.. have to redo those then :rolleyes:

p230110174702.jpg

Now gonna attempt bubblegoose's trick of cleaning manifolds 8) See how that goes in the morning, and also, put thermostat back in :lol:

Bubblegoose's washing powder idea sort of worked, but probably would have needed another few attempts to get it sparkly, which I couldn't be fucked with, so fresh lick of paint it is 8)

p2401101902.jpg

p2401102130.jpg

Shiny now :D

Got 3 of the 4 studs sorted. 1 of them, somebody has tried to drill it out before and fucked my whole process.. gonna have to go mental on it tomorrow, get me new gaskets and bolts for the flange, then back they go, onto the motor :D

Nice day today, wake up and see my steering wheel has arrived from Trade Me guy, he said in the auction it had an unknown boss kit maybe from a BG Mazda, so i tried it on my spline anyway, it fits :mrgreen:

p2501101252.jpg

A much better size than the old bus sized steering wheel I'm used to :lol:

p250110125201.jpg

Just added a few washers to the bottom, so the spline was deep enough for the nut to tighten on top

p2501101613.jpg

And fitted nicely :D Just need one of those horn button thingys, anyone have one, dont care what it as long as u cant see inside.

p2501101615.jpg

Bit tatty, but not complaining for $12 incl the boss kit, just had to get washers, for $1.00

didn't end there :shock: Also got the new gaskets etc, and put the motor back together

p2501101623.jpg

Nice and shiny :mrgreen:

p250110162301.jpg

Thy new gasket ^ Had that lying round for a while :lol:

p250110171801.jpg

p2501101718.jpg

p2501101752.jpg

:mrgreen:

Got told I can get a rebuild kit for the master for $25, and a new slave for $40, or slave kit for $10.

I'll inspect and locate the problem before I do either of those.. Good day overall 8)