m0ss4yy's Hillman Hunter

m0ss4yy

so when i left the guys house (where i bought it from), got about half way home and it wouldnt start again and oil was pissing out the top of the rocker cover. so i rang up a mate and he towed me, when i was ALMOST home, the brakes failed for some reason, and going downhill, hand to get right up against the curb to avoid total disaster.

i had a look at some stuff and i quickly noticed that the following things were wrong:

Blown head gasket

No indicators worked

reverse lights didnt go

both rear wheel cylinders gone

front pads worn to the metal

bonnet cable loose

air fuel mixture too rich

leaky crank seal

excessive blow by

smokey exhaust

rear bumper rusty

battery rust holes from acid

pull off springs seized

water leak

idling at about 3000rpm

clutch cylinder was gone

ball joints gone

engine mount completely fuckd...

quite a bit more but i can think of them at the mo (ill update this post later :wink:)

now its time to put everything back on

headsetf.jpg

all new gaskets

podadapter3.jpg

made a little adaptor plate and using a skyline pod filter adaptor i was able to use a poddy ;)

p100909074401.jpg

Well that didn't work, 2 days later it fell off because the plastic had broken.. I'll have to use the standard air filter :(

p301109151403.jpg

with everything back on, now i could start having a bit of a play around :P

Put in some trisco gauges... along with a panel i made

triscogauges.jpg

then decided i didnt like them, so changed to auto gauge ones and painted the panel black

p1210091150.jpg

...and installed a stereo and 6x9s (for now)

still have some 6inch ones to go in when i can be bothered

got the indicators and all that shit working, new water pump, new thermostat housing (Cost me $120!!!) and $80 for the top part, new hoses etc. cut out the heater hoses cause the heater cose was blocked somewhere. And i had to cut some of the hoses to make the gauge sensor fit for the water temp

then i discovered that the rear wheel cylinders were absolutely fucked.. had different ones on each side and only 1 piston out of both cylinders worked... and the front pads were down to the bare steel. that would explain why the brakes fuckd out lol

p3011091520.jpg

And yes... This is a brake pad believe it or not.

p301109151801.jpg

and then once i fixed up all that.... it was ready.. DUN DUN DUN.. WOF time :D:D:D

wofsticker.jpg

Wooo..

the very next morning i discovered the hunter leaves some pretty tidy lines in the wet ;)

image004zvr.jpg

...and then about 25 minutes later i got a $900 fine...

p1109091115.jpg

...and followed to school hahah

Had a little.. "mis-hap" with the air filter unit.. It kinda fell onto the exhaust manifold and melted, and now my "flame trap" is melted shut too :lol:

p301109151402.jpg

Thought I may aswell replace the old waterpump

p301109151701.jpg

With this nice new shiny one :D

p3011091554.jpg

and the thermostat housing.. (bought 2 thermostat housings by accident lol.. (so i have a spare if anyone needs one?)- WOB72 is the part No.

p3011091521.jpg

still.. pretty impressive lines for a hunter i thought :D

absolutely fucked the crossmember, did a nutty as skid a different day and then boom. the gearstick was wayy to the right hand side of the tunnel hole, so i got a new gearbox mount without really checking what it was...

p3011091519.jpg

...turns out it wasnt the mount lol.. got a spare one now i guess?

this was the problem..

p301109151301.jpg

when it should look like this..

p3011091513.jpg

and the mount had no rubber left lol

p3011091516.jpg

So i unbolted the mounts, jacked the engine up, and swapped the crossmember with one I got from Tom Scott from Tas Automotive :D

But: Now its off the road again, massive hole in the exhaust, so while that happened, i thought i may aswell start doing the tints

p3011091525.jpg

(got 50% the way through and ran out) At least the cat is happy enough with it :lol:

got some twin carbs, got some off some dude in hamilton for cheap off trademe..

took apart my single carb and used some parts from it..

but because my car was made to be single carb and had the exhaust heated manifold.. when i put on the twin manifold I had a hole in the top of the exhaust manifold...

p1711091458.jpg

so i sent a plate to bubblegoose and he welded it up and made a stud for a heat shield :D

..and hes manking me an airbox and catch tank.. when i get them up from him i can get the exhaust fixed and il be good to go:D

p2911091705.jpg

So as you can see i put the twins on, just need the plate and airbox now