Steve's 1974 Morris Mini Traveller (Discussion)

steve

Are you aware that a "traveller" is when you are driving along on a coarse chip road and the vibes from the road causes vibrations that travel up thru the seat and cause a raging boner?!

And after that useless and rather childish bit of information I would just like to say that mini is super sweet!

That would be an awesome daily driver.

good score.

yes

i dig

not to pry but do you mind telling us how much you paid for such an example?

i am in love with the period look of modded mini's

wide 10" steels, maybe in black or something, low as on adjustable hi-lows... all cheap and easy as to do and will make it sweet.

should really get onto my mk1

Lol, I had never heard of a Traveller used in that context - but urban dictionary has it as a definition so i'll believe you. It also said it was a Irish-American gypsie or a alcoholic beverage disguised in a plastic cup. :doubt:

Price is still a bit of a sore point it wasn't a cheap (for me anyway) find, but when I added the cost of doing a big restoration (Lee at MiniBitz offered me one of his Travellers for 2 g full resto required), it worked out cheaper just buying this. The guy wanted 7 g for it so I offered what I thought was quite a bit less considering faults and he said yes.

I have bought some Cooper steels for it hopefully I'll put up some more pics soon. Do you (thminiman) think the whole car should be black? Or was that in reference to wheels? -I think I'll paint the steels old english white at the mo.

• 6 months later...