Chertsey 1/4 Sprints 5th December - Standing & Flying

EFI_LC

Chertsey 1/4 Mile Sprints (Standing/Flying)

Date 5th December

Event Chertsey 1/4 Mile Sprints

Location Chertsey (signposted from Chertsey Tavern)

Entry Fee $70.00

(One Day Membership/License Additional, check regs for more details)

Documentation Time 8:30am

Start Time 10:00am approx

Organiser Shayne Adams

Contact Number 03 308 7565 / 027 283 7735

Regulations http://www.ashburtoncarclub.org.nz/down ... y-regs.pdf

Entry Form http://www.ashburtoncarclub.org.nz/down ... -entry.pdf

Day licence is available on the day for a total of $100 (Licence & Entry)

Start into the 1/4 mile then after that you carry on into the build up for the flying 1/4 so you can get to wind up those tall gears if you have them!

I reckon I am going to have a go for a bit of fun even tho I wont have high enough gearing I will try and scrounge some big tyres to squeeze under the torana..... but with a max rev of around 6300 and a 1:1 top gear into a 3.9 diff maybe I will only manage about 125mph or 200km/h although with better gearing it should run 140mph. I am going tune it for outright speed so will play with this a bit.

Good work posting that one up mate. I usually hear about these types of events after they've been and gone. Not sure if my car will be ready by then, but it might be something to aim for....................

Sucks that NZDRA licenses aren't applicable. $100 is a lot of money for one run! Do you get a radar reading of your top speed?

Good work posting that one up mate. I usually hear about these types of events after they've been and gone. Not sure if my car will be ready by then, but it might be something to aim for....................

Sucks that NZDRA licenses aren't applicable. $100 is a lot of money for one run! Do you get a radar reading of your top speed?

I believe theres more than one run mate and yes its all electronically recorded so you get an official readout.... maybe i should throw the spare torana engine that has a hot cam, borrow the head and bolt on the 465 Holley in my 5-speed VK as its a got a 3.23 diff

Yea It was chance that I come across it as well, same day as the twilight drag meet.... i might have time to do both.