So...a bolt fell down the front cover-4g63

efp0wa

After having a great run with my l300 after replacing the headgasket, somehow a bolt from the upper front cover has come under and fallen down the front cover.

Its making a nice rattling noise and coolant is slowly leaking from the the bottom of the cover now :(

Will be fun getting all this shit apart. The engine still runs fine, i can just hear a rattle and the bolt has obviously done damage to the water pump or so as coolant as leaking.... :twisted:

I feel stupid...I swear all the bolts were done up tight.

So I assume I have to get the crankshaft pulley and water pump pulley removed. Is there a special technique on these motors for getting the pulleys off?

Also I really need to get the van home to work on it. Can I cut a hole in the bottom of the cover or something and see if the bolt drops out?

Am I fucked? Do I need to change the timing belt and all the tensioners etc? Would it make more sense to replace the engine with another?

Tried that...Lol.

I'm going to undo the bottom timing cover bolts and see if i can slightly wedge a gap that the bolt will fall through.

Even If I succeed, I still need a new water pump and its fucked. So I may aswell replace the cambelt and tensioner etc....*sigh*

back to driving the crx... :rolleyes: