mini mafia's 73 mazda capella

Kelvin

I finaly got the engine bay finished up for paint, put a tow plug on the crown and I was off

PB131841.jpg

Big thanks to my old work mate Zane for spreding the jam on she came out mint, now I just gotta try not to scratch it as I peace it back together

PB121808.jpg

PB121820.jpg

PB131845.jpg

Just going to tidy up a few bits and slap a bit of black paint around over the overspray ect and then its all on,

theres a few more bits I still need to find for the engine and I need to finish shortining the shifter but it coming together

• 1 month later...

So its been a wile but im still slowly tinkering away on this,have painted up most bits to go back into the bay and also started sorting out the wiring runing it inside the gaurd.

P1052044.jpg

P1052046.jpg

Finished wraping up my exhaust manifold down pipe screamer ect all the way down to the back seats to try and keep the floor from getting to hot and then sprayed them with some kind of heat wrap sealer stuff, its probly just a have but it looks kinda nice.

P1052038.jpg

Got a few more wheels to, the ones on the car are 13x7 and 8 superlights which I boroed/stoll to see how a 13'' wheel would look with a small tyre

P1052031.jpg

And these are some more I picked up on trademe. Theres one 13x6,1/2 SSR MK 3, two 13x6,1/2 Starsharks and one 13x7 Starshark. The plan is to find more to make up a couple sets off yahoo and freshin them up.

P1052032.jpg

• 5 months later...

Well I'm still slowly tinkering away on this, the main thing that's been holding me up is the weather, I need a few more fine days to finish off a bit of painting and then she's pretty much all ready to put back together.

Any way I have managed to get some bits done, I painted the cores of my radiator oil cooler and intercooler with a ceramic heat paint and then did the tanks, pipes ect with wrinkle paint.

P5212982.jpg

Was a bit cold out still so I riged up a wee bake oven to put them in after woods and left them to cure over night.

P5292998.jpg

P5282983.jpg

P5293002.jpg

P5292999.jpg

I also chucked a few more wheels together last week just to see how they would look on the car. The white wall isn't exactly ideal but its just what I had lying around. The wheels worked out to be 13x8.5'' and the tyre is a 155 70.

P6133118.jpg

P6133107.jpg

I got a few more wheels on the way as well but I'll wait till they arrive so I can get some decent photos of them and stick them up.

• 3 months later...

So since I've been sitting around doing pretty much nothing for the past two weeks I figger its about time I up date this.

I got a few more wheels but firstly a massive thank you to Jordan aka nanarei for being the middle man and Ewan for sorting it all out over in Japan.

The first pair were these 13x8'' Jovite (type 3's?)

P7173155.jpg

Then a few weeks later a pair of 13x8.5''s and a pair of 13x9''s SSR MK iii's showed up

P9283518.jpg

All now fitted with the would famous Yokohama 175 50 13''s

P9283523.jpg

When I first put them on they just didn't look right and I stated looking for a slightly larger tyre say a 185 55 13 or similar but after some slight "adjustments" to the suspension they have now grown on me.

P9123463.jpg

P9123465.jpg

P9243498.jpg

P9243496.jpg

At this height the top diff arms are hitting the chassis and since the diff probably should be shortened a little (about 25mm ether side with the 9''s) I have decided I might as well upgrade the diff to a hilux item and at the same time I'm going to move the top arms inside of the chassis/strut towers which should give me about an extra 70-90mm travel to play with.

These pics are just mocking up were the top arms will come though the floor, I have since cut most of the rear bulkhead out and removed the fuel set up and battery as the floor will need to be modified to give the diff head more clearance.

P8213347.jpg

P8213348.jpg

With the car now sitting a bit/lot lower there was one other thing I had never really been happy with, the exhaust...

So I set about "gently massaging" the floor a little before cutting up the front section of the exhaust again and making it fit a bit more snugly. The hole exhaust now tucks up level and even higher in places than the chassis rails.

I also added two flexi joins to make it a little easier to line up wile assembling it and also so it has some give if it dose get caught up on some thing.

P8203340.jpg

P8203342.jpg

P9253506.jpg

P9253507.jpg

A new screamer pipe also had to be made as this used to come under the front of the chassis rail and dump under the front right guard.

P9253502.jpg

Not a lot has changed in the engine bay, I did paint the inlet manifold throttle body and intake pipe with VHT Wrinkle paint but didn't get enough heat into it so it didn't react properly, just means Il have to do it again when I find an old oven I can borrow/steel.

P9113413.jpg

I also started playing with the copper vacuum lines but this is a lot harder/more time consuming than I thought it would be and also doesn't look quite as good as I had hoped. Will think about it and see what else I can come up with I guess

P9113414.jpg

discussion ect

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20102