car wont start g16a motor vitara

WildPlumDx

well my brother vitara with g16a wont start and i cant work it out ive tested the coil pack and i'm getting 11.8 with the ignition on so i guess that fine but i'm getting no spark looked at the dizzy bt everything looks ok the dizzy rota could be replaced as its pitted but the weird thing was it went fine then bang no spark ? also it hasnt got your normal contacts rather then the small caliper type open close little aligator type thing it has no moving parts bar the dizzy rota of course, just a what looks like a little box magnet instead of those little jaws they usally have? so i dunno whats the haps there but yeah no spark but getting 11.8 reading from the coil pack with the ignition on acc ? any help ?

well my brother vitara with g16a wont start and i cant work it out ive tested the coil pack and i'm getting 11.8 with the ignition on so i guess that fine but i'm getting no spark looked at the dizzy bt everything looks ok the dizzy rota could be replaced as its pitted but the weird thing was it went fine then bang no spark ? also it hasnt got your normal contacts rather then the small caliper type open close little aligator type thing it has no moving parts bar the dizzy rota of course, just a what looks like a little box magnet instead of those little jaws they usally have? so i dunno whats the haps there but yeah no spark but getting 11.8 reading from the coil pack with the ignition on acc ? any help ?

right the magent box is probably the electronic ignition thing ( points) ,

ok so there is no sprark from what point??? , the plugs?? , the leads?? , the output on the cap?? the input lead? , the output on the coil?? , check resistance on the primary and secondary winds on the coil (positive to neg (primary) and neg to the output on coil) if there is a reading there then the coil should workish .

in other words start from the plugs and move backwards till you find where the power does start . use a screwdriver up the lead and near somthing earthed to look for spark . probably pay to wear something no conductive though :)