R31 Wagon Tow Hack

Bought this off Kingpin last week, so far pretty happy with it... but has a few little issues to sort out.

skidlinercopy.jpg

... It's not quite this slammed yet...

It's gonna get these for the mean time, cleaned up and painted to suit:

P1013765.jpg

Then lower it, working out what springs will go in it ATM. As you can see in the general thread, Kingpin had some issues trying to find the right springs... But I'll sort this out by catalogue searching or getting spares to chop :wink: .

Main duty:

P1013782.jpg

Comments? Should it be in other projects cause it's from 1992? :D .

• 2 months later...

OK so after a lot of searching I finally found an Auto trans that matched. $50 - mint. Funny thing is it came from a car that I got offered for $200 which had a few trick bits like wheel spacers and extractors. Should have bought it really but who cares, got the trans from it for cheap.

Picked box up on Wednesday afternoon and it was in and working by lunchtime on Thursday. Much better than old box, this one doesn't try to kill you when it changes gears!

Big ChurChur to KY for sending me the spare AFM he had lying around. Looks like it's solved most of the problems! I think a new set of plugs and leads and it'll run like a dream! Lubs.

Also chopped 2 coils out of the rear springs and sorted a deal with Simon for his mesh. Looks better but needs 195/55's all round (has 50's on the front but they're too lowpro IMO. Will take some meat out of the front on sunday to get it sitting more even, but going to try and keep it captive till after the next for in Sept.

P1014005.jpg

P1014009.jpg

//oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18883

• 3 weeks later...