Manda's 1970 Ford Cortina GTE

Manda

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo made it to tha sandblaster today.

Had the car blasted in all the tricky bits

august4002.jpg

Showed up a few spots of rust we were unaware of. Plus we've seen these

august4007.jpg

august4010.jpg

I was taught how to use the paint gun so I put on the etch primer

august4011.jpg

august4018.jpg

Too dark for final pics. thatl have to wait til tomorrow

Got a good days work done on the cortina today although still feels like I havnt really accomlished alot.

Rolled him outside into the sunshine and got these pics of it etch primed.

August8038.jpg

August8040.jpg

August8043.jpg

August8046.jpg

Pulled my heater box apart to found out why its not working and to give it a good clean up.

August8062.jpg

And these things. Whatever they're called. Stripped the fabric off and scrubbed them up, painted and all ready for recovering.

August8044.jpg

Will be attending to this bumper next on list. Any tips?

August8045.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Eeeeee! Look!!! My dash is beautiful!!! The pics dont do it any justice but compared to previous pics I think theres a bit of improvement....An expensive trip to Auckland to go shopping for the Cortina to come home with a restored dash and the paint!! :)

Sep19th007.jpg

Sep19th008.jpg

Oh yes...And the heater box is coming along...Just about all together with newly painted parts

Sep19th006.jpg

• 1 month later...

So the front is all welded on. The boot lid is on. The bonnet is on. The race is on!

Started the bogging.

Short term goal is to have all bogging done by end of this week. Etch primer fri night and primer x3 on Sat 14th Nov.

Long term goal is to be on the road for Christmas. You guys reckon it can be done??

all098.jpg

all104.jpg

all115.jpg

all116.jpg

Both rear guards were rusty so got new edges on them

all123.jpg

all173.jpg

This corner got fixed up

all172.jpg

And while I had my head close to the floor I got a snap of my diff...hehe

all119.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sanding sanding more sanding, more paint, more sanding...how long does this take?? I been hanging at the Mt today dreaming of driving my cortina every time I saw a classic drive by...I just want it to be on the road now! Im missing the summer cruises!

Yuss here he is off to the paint shop :) Panel beater called in last night to check out what we had been doing. He was very impressed. He said most people dont make it as far as we did on their own. I shouldnt really take so much of the credit...My dads been getting into the block sanding and absolutely loves learning and likes to do as much as he can himself. Hes actually the best Dad in the world :)

Goin2Painters.jpg

Atpaintshop.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cortina went back to panel and paint on monday. They were right into it. had three guys working on it and was ready for the painter by the end of the day.

Painter had it all sanded back to 320 fast as. A bit of work in the bonnet. Primer on today. Ive been scrubbing my wheels ready for fresh paint.

Hopefully he will be in the booth for final painting tomorrow!!

Inside of doors, bonnet and bootlid painted today. Looking nice and Shiney :D Staying in the booth for the weekend.

Wheels went in to be spun to have kurbing taken out today. Painter has a machine for me to polish them on on Monday. Then will be masking them off ready to be repainted with rest of the car.

paint003-1.jpg

paint004-1.jpg

paint006-1.jpg

paint001-1.jpg

paint002-1.jpg