Automatic cortina problems.

crazy_rich

Hey, I've just been through the process of rebuilding the engine in my cortina (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11751)

The engines back in and running sweetly, just the transmission is pissing oil out everywhere, I'd like to say it wasnt doing it beforehand, but it wasnt full of oil back then, its only started being noticable after being filled up with fresh fluid. Anyway to the point, Im an auto noob, manuals are where its at, and i was wondering if anyone had any experience with the trusty borg warner 35 trans as to the possibility of fixing this in place? Looks to me like its coming out the shifter lever shaft seal and the rear slip yoke seal, doesnt look like its coming out the front seal (thank christ, fingers crossed etc). Has anyone had this before? tricks n tips would be freakin sweet, really dont want to have to remove the box. cheers.

being a 2l it should be a ford c3 box, the borg warner was generally in the mk1 and 2 corty, can only imagine that a seal somewhere is crook, i do have a good 4 speed and a manual pedal box etc sitting here if you need it. also did you end up finding a seat?, i have found a pair of them, not mint but alot better than what was in your car...

cheers

Karl

Hey, got the impression its a borg warner according to my haynes manual, it reckons 73/74 is the crossover model between the 2, and mine doesnt have a trans cooler, The manual reckons the defining difference between the 2 box's is by the look of the dipstick, mine looks like the grainy pic of the BW35, still i must stress, auto noob here. really do want to leave the car original though, as it hasnt been molested at all in the last 35 odd years, and im not after a race car. Still very keen on a seat, doesnt have to be mint, even if its intact enough to put a sheepskin or a sweet beaded cover over without having the frame rip it to pieces.