Filthys 67 Pontiac

filthy one

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had mad scraping after the springs settled down almost tearing the guard of when turning could'nt roll the guards as the inner guards are bolted to them so removed the inner guards thinkin im going to make up some mint alloy ones later on . Had to make a new battery tray as the old one was part of the inner guard..

Also slammed a battery box in aswell..

imgp3334.jpg

imgp3336.jpg

imgp3338n.jpg

imgp3339.jpg

imgp3340.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

had a few carb issues of late found the secondry diaphram was completely rooted so its never had any secondrys

pulled a secondry unit of an old carb i had here now works fine big change gets the wheels going real good now. Brought a full carb rebuild kit & new diaphram aslo brought a pack of differe'nt rate springs to adjust when the secondrys come in goig to rebuild the complete carb next week ..

While i was at edge performance getting carb bits purchased new air filter & valve covers..

imgp3386.jpg

imgp3387.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

hey all been a while i'm working outta aus at the moment so have not been home over the last few weeks.

Got home late friday for the weekend back to aus tomorrow stripped out the beast going in for paint wednesday.

had a color change going for Dodge copperhead metallic bronze & matt black bonnet have added a pic of a model car i have for inspiration..

hooked up my heater before i went too used braided hose instead of boring ol rubber

imgp3421q.jpg

fully rebuilt my holley to fitted heavier secondrey spring big change in performance

imgp3397i.jpg

imgp3402.jpg

paint inspiration

dsc00998x.jpg

stripped ready to roll

dsc00991k.jpg

dsc01002tba.jpg

dsc01006o.jpg

Couple more things im going to fit an SLR Torana style scoop to the bonnet. Moulded not bolted on . I figure its a staunch car so it would set it off more.

Also forgot to mention had it dyno tuned after rebuilding the carb came up bloody good in the finish.

Started out with 273HP needed bigger jets & float levels adjusted along with vacum advance adjusted after rectifying these we ended up with

317 HP ATW

385 F/Pnds Torque

Discussion topic is here.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16342

Shes at the paint shop boyz The guys had the doors blasted & the front are fucked the bottom half of the drivers was fibreglass :lol::lol: funny shit just as well i had a couple of spare ones eh!!

pic at mates panel shop this ones at his house he has a guy who works out of there doing all muscle cars & hot rods etc. It will go to the main shop for paint..

dsc01020nou.jpg

This is the color on a 2008 corvette its called Atomic orange {factory GM color}

2351414944337401db42b.jpg

Going to start going through the body components etc that will got back on & clean them up next week when I'm back.

• 2 weeks later...

got a few bits back from the polishers today came up pretty sweet

dsc01057z.jpg

cleaned up my tail lights too they were pretty rough was lucky to get some new lenses of ebay.

dsc01015c.jpg

they came up pretty good too

dsc01017qml.jpg

found cowl to got it for koop de glass up north $200 to my door same as this one {cos they made it aswell}

1976chevroletcamaronzv8c.jpg

color samples going for the copperhead one has more orange in it looks mint in the sun.

dsc01059p.jpg

holy shit just been to check progress out . They are ripping into it but thats the problem its falling apart :cry: jesus theres some rust in her. Some fuckers :x repaired it before but instead of cutting the rust out they glassed over it then bogged her up which made it look pretty good.. OMG ther left rear quarter no shit had 17mm thick of bog over a area 400 long by 300 high :shock:

I'll slam some pics up when i get hom tonight.

bit more been done this week dropped the scoop off today so took some more pics

dsc01081y.jpg

rad support panel has been all repaired & new bushes fitted then texture sprayed

dsc01082.jpg

rest of the body work is getting there

dsc01085.jpg

dsc01086k.jpg

dsc01088i.jpg

one of the bad arse cowl

dsc01078w.jpg

been sorting out a few other bits to the front bar was gunna cost $1200 + gst to get redone so i polished the arse off it & it came up pretty good matt blacked all the brackets to

dsc01091.jpg

dsc01096.jpg

dsc01093w.jpg

okay i suck at keeping surprises paid a 3g deposit on this bad boy 2 weeks ago my mate has it in a camaro {69} hes going to 502 crate engine so i am buying this bad boy off him .

6-71 Weiand blower, dual 650cfm holley blower carbs, 355 cubic inches, balanced and blue printed, 4 bolt mains, block magna-fluxed,

Dart aluminum heads, Comp Roller rocker cam, Comp roller rocker rockers, Full Msd ignition,

1080823w.jpg

meant to be able to poke out 750hp {but unproven}

wont be rolling into the car for a while as his 502 will not be here until the end of july. Need to find a bloody strong trans probably a TH400 or 700R & need to up grade diff & brakes so yeah

Watch this space :badgrin::badgrin::mrgreen:

dsc01138x.jpg

dsc01139l.jpg

all 4 doors are all done prime & blocked

dsc01141mlf.jpg

cowl is all glassed on getting smoothed over tomorrow

dsc01142l.jpg

dsc01145o.jpg

couple of other machines they have been working on color change on the 440RT below & below that ready to roll into the booth Val coupe

dsc01144b.jpg

dsc01146s.jpg

the two guys in the shop are both going hard out on her for the next 3 days so hopefully she should be primed & blocked friday arvo ready to go to the paint shop for final finishing before painting next week :D:D