Filthys 67 Pontiac

filthy one

On its way team :D Thought i'd start a thread & slam up some pics..

Running 327chev, 2spd powerglide,4bbl holley,14"Dayton wires.

Has 2x12 sony subs,amp,6x9s,& sony head unit

Fully rebuilt 350 ,new carpet set few other bits n peices .

Needs a little tlc the guy I got it off got the wheel alignment done monday & new wof reg & full service..

1000231hh1.jpg

1000735qc0.jpg

1000731rq5.jpg

1000726xb3.jpg

1000722ba6.jpg

Gunna keep this as a driving project to cool to pull off the road for a great length of time.

First things fit belts in the back for the kids[safety 1st people}

ditch the big single & slam on twins dumpin out each side,get the seats covered & tidy up the inside, got to fit a noisey belt drive cos they rule... :wink:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

brought some bits today that I know its in need of

rear belts air craft style {for the rear}

beltsng2.jpg

gauges splitfire these were a score as they a around a hundy ea got all of em for 2 hundy

guagesql5.jpg

but i need to put them in the right place only really want the oil pressure & water n oil temp ones..

A new steering as he told me the factory ones rooted so brought a grants wheel 14 inch so shopuld be all sweet to steer it still.

68083846hg9.jpg

oh & some mirrors same as the ones on my mk1 {they were one of my fav things on the wagon }rekon the'll look sweet

66877238go4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

picked her up today man she drives like a dream couple of pics taken today

imgp2548gw8.jpg

imgp2550rt2.jpg

imgp2552mt4.jpg

imgp2556xe8.jpg

yes i let the wife drive it :D:D

needs a lot of tidying but it'll rock when i'm done gunna start tomorrow

fit new s-wheel

fit mirrors

fit rear belts

get new exhaust big single just dont do it for me :wink:

need to sort out the wiring the fella who had wired the stero up to the flasher unit when you indicate the stereo goes on & off :lol::lol:

The coils sparking against the firewall :shock:

Few little things to do to make her drivable for the summer then big strip & repaint over winter..

got new 2.5 inch mandrel bent twin dumpy system fitted today ..

:evil::evil::evil::evil: sounds mean as will slam up a small vid when I get a chance goes a lot harder too..

Got some new front belts , 6.5 inch fusion components,& some bitchen fluffy black seat covers for a short term fix...

While it was up on the hoist got a good look around underneath its got all new tie rods & ball joints near new shocks but have decided to slam the 350 in her as the 327's a little leaky the sumps had a bit of a bash & looks as thought the rear main seal may be leaking

so yea reconed 350 it is 8)

painted my door panels ,fitted steering wheel & gear knob & front components ,new belts all round

imgp2567oa8.jpg

imgp2568ve7.jpg

amazing what a few cans of vinyl spray can do

imgp2570ou7.jpg

shot of how i went with the exhaust tips

imgp2564cu5.jpg

this be the 350 that came with it also got set of gilmours,weiand manifold,block hugger headers ,hei dizzy & new holley 600 carb..

next job sort gauges out ,paint dash, paint hood lining. sort some engine oil leaks

• 2 weeks later...

slammed the engine in this week what a fucken mission so many things to modify power steer did'nt line up gilmour pulleys did'nt line up headers would'nt fit cos of the steering box ,then got her running water pump seal was poo'd so new water pump fitted, front balancer was fucked so new one of them too,then had a crook thermostat so it was over heating, then to top it all off the rockers were hitting the tappet covers so had to fit 2 gaskets on each one.. :rolleyes:

Fuck I tell ya but now she is saaaweeeeettttt bang it on peaks dyno wednesday 286HP ATW'S yehaa it hauls arse now runs like a dream :badgrin::badgrin:

imgp2645wm8.jpg

imgp2644us5.jpg

imgp2652cz3.jpg

imgp2730sa2.jpg

imgp2725ok9.jpg

imgp2656sy7.jpg

brought some fluff & the wife made some meke seat covers tidys up the inside real sweet :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

time for a post up

have pretty much sorted the inside for now vinal sprayed the hood lining & orderd a black carpet set should be here next week .Covered the parcel in black vinal to got rid of the ol grey carpet

gave the new engine some new leads & plugs man it goes well for a bloody big car .

the boot rubber wasn't sealing so brought a new one when taking out the old one found a bit of rust so will get that sorted over the next few weekends.

But score of the year today set of "20" 150 spokes on trade me the dude brought them from the states but never ordered the hub kit .they are the same brand as mine & will bolt straight on my hubs :badgrin::badgrin:

Got em for $500 fuken stoked pic below & the same set on a the lincoln so now i can run 14's for goin loco or 20's for pimpin..

wirecr8.jpg

w352.png

lincolr007ge5.jpg

w640.png

man what a fuck up & a half these wheels have turned out to be ..

they arrived yesterday turns out tht are only 18x8's not 20x9's friggin fucktard rang him up tore him a new one he refunded 2 hundy so they cost me 3 hundy so i decided to roll with them ..

Went to a mates tyre shop got sum 245x40's $140 fitted :D

BUT 2 of the fucken rims leak out of the spokes what a mish managed to strip all the sealer off last night & redo it with ureathene will go get the tyre banged on thismorning hopefully it worked..

got the fronts fitted they look better but I will need to run 20mm spacers as the a quite a flat face rim & sit under the guard a bit to much for this little white fella...

I'll slam some pics up tonight

• 3 weeks later...

dropped the trans pan today changed the trans filter ,also hooked up a oil temp gauge to the trans drilled through the drain plug tapped it for the sender . Man what a improvement shifts so smooth lays rubber real easy {In my work yard :wink::wink: }

imgp3152ou2.jpg

Also put some king springs in the bum was a little bouncy now mint as just waiting for my front set to arrive to bring the front down level

still sits about the same height as it was

imgp3151hf3.jpg

also strippped the crappy carpet out the boot found a couple of rust holes that will need sorting..

imgp3154dq8.jpg

Mod time

having a bit of cooling issues in traffic its only running a 14 elec fan on the front of the rad due to not enuff room cos of gilmour pulleys .

So brought this new fandangled nylon fan from american auto parts ment to be the bees knees cost 40 for the fan & 20 for the spacer ..

Now i have to cut down or make a new cowling to give me a bit more room between the fan & rad..

imgp3219.jpg

imgp3224.jpg

imgp3222.jpg

made the panel for covering the gap between the radiator & support panel

imgp3246.jpg

started making up a radiator shroud gunna have a crack at the tig & bang the alloy tip on the plasma to cut the hole out tomorrow morning :doubt:

imgp3237.jpg

also removed the front springs to get them compressed 40mm this will level the car out going off the sill.

Found the bottom ball joints were rooted brought sum newbies today $40ea bloody bargin

imgp3242.jpg

okay after 4 days in hospital with a bruised spine & swollen spinal cord I have got the car back together today looks way better slammed in the front only brought it down by 30mm but it just about perfect for being level.

imgp3294.jpg

imgp3272n.jpg

also banged on a summit racing fuel pressure gauge I had of the wagon..

imgp3303.jpg

going to finish the radiator shroud during the week & i'm also going to make a bit of a console sick of trying to find my phone & shit when driving her round..

discussion found here

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16342

finished off my rad shroud today works a bloody treat

imgp3310.jpg

imgp3312.jpg

i'm also gunna change my alternator bracket as the belt isn't running true & it chewing up the belts at $70 a pop not so good. I've tried spacing it etc but not helping . So i'm going to by a billit one from American auto parts tomorrow if you look at the pics you'll see what i mean..

imgp3305.jpg

imgp3306.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16342