Filthys 67 Pontiac

filthy one

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay i no i said no more updates until it was done but it seems as tho i have to wait 4 weeks from the states for my rubber kit {that I ordered a month ago}so it may be a while before shes complete so i'll continue with my updates..

All done got her home yesterday paints mad in the sun so many shades of copper/orange

dsc01263d.jpg

the bonnet was a not to sure item untill i got it outside it looks fuken mint in the natural light

would of been way to much color if it was copper too.

dsc01261txi.jpg

one more. The next ones will be of chrome going back on

dsc01258l.jpg

Got all the headlights,bezels etc back on along with tail lights , boot chrome & boot lock assembly .

My front indacator units are a bit ruff so going to retro fit some others.

Hunted around bloody everywhere yesterday jeez its not easy finding rectangular shaped clear indacator units that run with the old style bulbs.

But i then found some on a tractor we sell :mrgreen: very perfect so ordered 2 $11 ea :shock::shock: . Just got to make up some sweet brackets now.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeezus what a week

tried to bleed the brakes & found the master cylinder seals dried out while the car was being painted . So tried to find a overhaul kit but no chance then went after a new master cylinder again no chance . Had to ebay the fucker $345 landed from the US {prolly not to bad } But it is a multi left or right hand drive fitment meaning ports on both sides & they never sent blanking plugs to block of the buggers i was not going to use .. Fuck me what a mish to find some plugs no brake place in CHCH could help me . In the end I made some out of hyd fittings & machined up some small alloy discs put them in the ports & wound the plugs up tight onto them.

Its shiny chrome too :D:mrgreen:

imgp3932.jpg

Got the rear bar back today looks bloody mint $1300 it should i spose.

imgp3944.jpg

Found out the bloody weather strip kit & Baily channels are still 6 to 8 weeks away how fucken crap is that was 4 months yesterday since i ordered them ..

Gunna have to try making up a bonnet support rod to as the bonnets to heavy with the scoop on the hinges are not holding it up :lol:

Bumpers back on today {had a wee holiday today} looks mint as

imgp3976.jpg

imgp3950.jpg

Engine bay almost back to normal too

imgp3948.jpg

made the bonnet stay for now too

imgp3952.jpg

imgp3953.jpg

also check out my fuel filler i was having issues with the old one leaking even a new cap was no help so i cut the end off the tank brought a boat deck filler & mounted it using my old number plate & a radiator hose :wink:

imgp3955.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Done at last all back together got a wof {only needed the right headlight adjusted} & reg today & took the big girl to be valued for insurance reasons as they have it down at $16k

will slam up some pics over the weekend..

Heres a copy of the valuation

scann.jpg

fucken mint $35k i can live with that :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sup no updates for a while been enjoying it too much to tinker..

Drivers window had rusted out of its channel so had to make a new one up using the spare left hand side one i had..

Brought a new carb today 650VS Holley got it cheap as chips $200 of a mate never been out of the box sweet deal

Gunna build an inclosure in the boot to house the spare wheel ,sub etc tidy it up a bit .

Update on the blown engine mate's 502 crate engine got stolen when the ship it was on docked into melbourne on its way here . He's currently fighting it out with the shipping company. SO at this stage hes still using the blowin chev in his camaro.

Will post up a few pics of some random shit tonight..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been busy doing a few bits n bobs over the chrissy break

made a sweet false panel in the boot to house my sub & amp puts out way better sound than in a poxy box

imgp4668d.jpg

made a few mods to my radiator shroud get a bit more air flow goin on keep the temp down in traffic..

imgp4676e.jpg

imgp4677.jpg

also thought it was time to rebuild that leaking steering box FUCK WHAT A MISH

stripped down ready for the reassemble

dsc01604v.jpg

also found the steering coupler was naffed could find a replacement so went to a mates shop & got a bit of nolathene biffed it in the freezer & cut the bitch out

dsc01605f.jpg

dsc01610e.jpg

man it pays to shop around for seals saeco wanted $75 for one seal & seal imports charged me $32 for everything in the pic

dsc01606q.jpg

All done back together bit of a head fuck but got there in the end

dsc01609y.jpg

• 1 month later...

Brought a th350 for $100 its meant to be all good etc but i got a rebuild kit outta the states cost me another $100 delivered.

Gunna do arebuild & swap over winter

imgp4753j.jpg

imgp4755.jpg

Made a bit of a kiwi console up last week to I am going to get it covered properly when my mate returns from his oe. For now vinyl tiles will do :lol:

imgp4687.jpg

dscf5143d.jpg

• 1 month later...

okay got the TH350 checked & itrs a minter B&M shift kitted & all so I decided to pull the Powerglide out last night what a mish but got there .

Pulled the pan off the TH350 to fit new filter & pan {the old one had a few dents & repairs}..

dsc01762rx.jpg

Also learnt the factory coloum shifter wont work due to not enuff travel to select all gears :evil: & also decided to fit a trans cooler instead of using the factory bottom of the radiator shit idea

Those ideas resulted in the below purchases

dsc01763x.jpg

might have to mod the crossmember slightly but thats it everything else will straight swap over