Not another EX Lancer..........

OSM Garage

Well, i couldnt help myself

I saw this car on trade me last week, and thought ill have a look at it. The thing is, it had an accident in the front, but that was ok because i have they panels to replace the damaged ones. Had a look, didnt look too bad, so i brought it. My gut was telling me not to, but i did anyway.

My gut was right. It is worst then i thought.

This is what it looked like when i had a look at it

77893683_full.jpg

I got it home, and started pulling things apart. Thats when the real damage appeared :x

DSCF2518.jpg

DSCF2519.jpg

Just infront of the strut tower, you can see that its all creased up. Thats gonna be hard to fix!

DSCF2520.jpg

All in all, its quite shitty. Not too sure if I carry on, or parts it and count my losses. Its a shame, because the rest of the car is quite straight, oh well. The only good thing is I replaced the boot chrome. :doubt:

DSCF2517.jpg

OK! I GIVE UP!

Chassis damage is alot worse then i thought. So, im parts'n it out. The things that mite be of interest for sale are:

- Suspension (Lowered front and rear springs with new inserts up front and shocks for rear)

- 15" Advanti Stalkers (Tyres are shit)

- Plates and tags

- Big Block 1200 motor

- 4spd gearbox (I also have a 5spd)

- Diff (8 bolt)

and other bits and bobs.

If anyones interested, PM me.

GUTTED!

• 1 year later...

I think they call it "ADDICTION"!

I was in the market for a cheaper smaller car, pref RWD. Saw this advertised and had to have it. Went and viewed it yesterday with blind eyes and brought it. Well, actually straight swapped it for my daily (1992 V3000 station wagon) I've been kicking myself ever since.

It was meant to be lowered the legal way, but on the drive home it was hitting the bumpstops really hard. Jacked it up today and the springs fell out. Great! :doubt:

NewLancer2.jpg

NewLancer1.jpg

Its an A175A Lancer EX 1800SE. I pretty much got it because its sorta kinda rare-ish. It runs a 4g62 sirus engine. MCA-JET. I believe it has the GSR front end but ill have to confirm that. (Unless someone else can confirm) Factory fog lamps in the grill. Electric mirrors, guard mounted (Not connected but will be) A/C, but no A/C pump.

1800SE.jpg

Bodywise its not bad. No big dents. Paint is faded. Lil bits of rust here and there but nothing major.

InsideEX.jpg

EXDash.jpg

Plans for it at the moment are to get the height back to standard, and tidy it up. Eventually im thinking of n/a twin cam'n it, if I keep it. Im keeping it as my daily unless someone offers to buy it from me. Luckily I have a crap load of spares for this.

Done some work today on this thing. Need a car for work so had to get this thing looking legal as possible. Still have that yellow pile of a Lancer in my back yard, so brought it up front and ripped out the rear springs. Front end is 1200 so these wont fit in the SE.

2Lancers.jpg

BEFORE

BeforeNoSprings.jpg

Had to race out to pick a part with a sample front spring and try and find a spring the same diameter and hopefully get one that'l be the same height as a factory spring. Must've been destiny coz there was a RWD Sigma at Takanini Pick a Part. Front springs thanks!!!

Rolled the gold Lancer out of the bat cave and swapped the factory EX Lancer rims over.

Driveway full of Lancers

3Lancers.jpg

After

AfterSprings.jpg

AfterSprings2.jpg

Factory wheels look the biz! Not use to factory height Lancers but its growing on me. Took it for a burn done the road and surprisingly drives really nice! Needs a wheel bearing replaced but other then that, its not too bad.

Definitely need to chuck mirrors on. You sure get use to havin em.

Chur

During Easter weekend I attacked my garden. Had a few stubborn weeds that were to hard to pull out by hand. Sounds like a job for the Lancer!!!

P1040080.jpg

Got to see how it would perform pulling a little trailer. It actually went really well, until it started running like crap half way home. I think 1 of the vacuum hoses off the emissions thingie had come off. Put that back on and seems to be running fine now. I didnt trust the Lancer would tow a full trailer, so optd for me ol mans V3000!

P1040094.jpg

So, tomorrow is D Day! Taking it for a WOF. Working on it today unsurfaced some rather large rust holes around the windscreen. Tried to disguise it as much as possible but I think some rust repairs are on the cards for next week! GUTTED.

P1040119.jpg

Fitted the mirrors. The idiot who removed them just broke them off. Had to get creative with some screws. Also had to change the front grill for the WOF as the fog lamps dont seem to work and cant be assed fix'n em. Hope the WOF man is kind to me!

• 1 month later...

Got sick of it running like crap.

Scored a carb and manifold off a NZ assembled 4G63 to replace the Jap import carb that was on it. Not really sure why it never ran right but it may have something to do with the emissions setup that had missing vacuum hoses.

Original Carb

P1040459.jpg

Carb removed

P1040460.jpg

Original Carb

P1040461.jpg

NZ Carb

P1040462.jpg

All fitted up and running.

P1040463.jpg

It seems to be running better. Need to put a light on it to check timing, but it runs fairly smoothly. Hopefully it wont burn through the gas quicker then the other carb. Well see.

Also I have installed some fishnets I had lying around

P1040464.jpg

And really small steering wheel, and hacksawed gear lever

P1040465.jpg

Weight reduction!

Now you see it........

P1040466.jpg

Now you don't

P1040467.jpg

Gave me grief removing the towbar. Anyway, its gone!

Chur

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...