sweet, cheers zeb

ok, so i had a bit of a busy afternoon

this

1001805t.jpg

+

1001804e.jpg

=

1001818.jpg

So everything fitted sweet which i was surprised about. its not even close to hitting the clutch master or the dunp pipe. theres about a fingers width of room between the rear turbo and the steering box. So i think with some stiffer rubber mounts, it will be mint.

To say im pretty fucking stoked is a bit of an understatement! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who needs to know how to weld when you have rivets!

1001830.jpg

1 more bolt and thats the intercooler finished. So it all fits mint behind the grill. might paint it black if you can see it to easly.

Also did a few other things this weekend, mostly small jobs that arnt worth mentioning.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, heres an update for the sakes of an update

Heres how she looks at the moment.

1001851.jpg

Everything that requires the engine in to be fitted is, so shes coming back out this weekend to get the final welding done on the mounts and so i can remove some loom i dont need

1001853v.jpg

Im now at a stage that requires other people to work on it (wiring, exhaust etc) but all going to plan, i should be able to take it for its 1st drive in 3/4 weeks.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15568

• 2 weeks later...

So had another busy weekend.

Spent saturday night and all of sunday finishing all the little bits and pieces so i could take it to the Slipway flat sunday arvo. Managed to drop it off and get the trailor back by 4pm.

By 9pm that night i get a txt saying the intercooler piping is done and that ITS RUNNING!!! started 2nd crank. :D:D:D

So i went over tonight and had a listen. it sounds great! Sooooo nasty. Tempting to run no exhaust hahahaha.

Ill get photos and a video this weekend.

Ok, so i gave the 9s a lick of red paint as i was getting sick of the boring gold and i must say, im pretty stoked with how they look. Also got some 205/50/25 Toyo T1Rs for them

1001891.jpg

Then i cruised over to Slipway to see how the boys were getting on. Turns out they had finished. everything works, even all the dash lights!

1001894.jpg

1001895.jpg

so i took her for a spin and OMG, soooooo fast! that 2nd turbo kicking in is just insane. and so much torque!!!!

So i must say im a VERY happy man! :D

and 1 more photo for good measure

1001896.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So i dropped the car off to Simon (evil si) on the weekend for him to do the exhaust and i must say im very happy with the work.

1001919x.jpg

1001918y.jpg

1001929.jpg

Its a full 3" stainless with twin 2.5" tips and 2 mufflers.

Its not loud which is perfect for the summer cruising i have planned.

Also got Simon to to mod my gearbox crossmember while his was under there.

1001923o.jpg

So the plan this week is to clean her up and put her back together ready for a WOF this weekend (fingers crossed)

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, last update for the year hopefully.

Painted up my 8"s, gave them a quick polish and chucked them on the front.

1001944b.jpg

1001948w.jpg

Im pretty happy with the red now that i have the full set on. Even the offset is perfect. Cant wait for the BCs to go in and drop it a bit more!

1001946f.jpg

So thats 15x9 and 15x8 SSR mk2s, pretty sweet!

So time to park it up for a few weeks while i go enjoy my hoilday seeing as she failed a WOF on no cert. Roll on Jap meet!

• 4 weeks later...

Some S13 silvia BCs + Sheepers tig welder + a gringer = Some gx61 BCs :D

1002027.jpg

I chucked the rears in last night and the wheels are already sitting higher in the guard then when it was sitting on the ground before

1002032d.jpg

Ill put the fronts in tonight after work and then i/cheater will get some photos of it at jap meet.

I noticed some rust bubbling in places so time to start saving for a panel and paint i think. :?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so i got some stuff done tonight so i can get her up to scratch for the oldschool track day

I got 1 side of the front coilovers done, chucked some new wheel bearings in while i was down there

1002071q.jpg

I only got 1 side done as the old bearings were harder to get out then i was expecting.

Old vs New

1002075i.jpg

Unfortunatly it didnt really drop it as much as i was hoping, even when its wound right down which sucks! Ill have to revisit it after the track day as it will do for now.

So the to do list

• [*:2d424qud]W box shifter bushes
    [*:2d424qud]water temp gauge
    [*:2d424qud]semi slicks fitted
    [*:2d424qud]get the rev gauge going (if i have time)
    [*:2d424qud]wheel alignment
    [*:2d424qud]fit my torsen LSD

Not to much but money is hard to come by at the moment. I should be alright

• 2 weeks later...

So the to do list

• [*:2x60ee7w]W box shifter bushes
    [*:2x60ee7w]water temp gauge
    [*:2x60ee7w]semi slicks fitted Not going to happen, the tyres are only good for smoking
    [*:2x60ee7w]get the rev gauge going (if i have time)
    [*:2x60ee7w]wheel alignment DONE
    [*:2x60ee7w]fit my torsen LSD DONE

coilovers + LSD = Sweet O's

So i had a bit of a play at the Oldschool trackday at Taupo on the weekend.

P1010413a.jpg

the 2jz didnt miss a beat but the temperture guage did go up a bit after 6 or so laps but i pretty sure thats just the factory guage being a cunt.

Im going to have to look at the brakes as they still feel faded after 24hrs of not being driven and also the tyres are difently not right for circuit racing but im not to fussed about that.

Now to give this drifting thing ago.............

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok so time for a bit of an update

I moved into a new flat after the Oldschool track day and ive been pretty lazy since then untill about 2 weeks ago.....

So i fitted the new brass shifter bush as the W series boxs tend to get really sloppy and then went to a NZHondas dyno day at Torque where i made 223kw, so i was pretty happy with that

scanrh.jpg

I then went about trying to fix my brake problem by replacing all the rubber lines and replacing the fluid but its still not right so i might look at getting another master cylinder.

Then i fitted my TRD centre for a drift day i did at Meremere on saturday.

All was going well and i was doing better then i was expecting untill this happened...

1002198e.jpg

1002199h.jpg

I just got a little cocky and went way to fast around a cone and went straight into the armco :(

So tonights job is to rip it apart and see how bad it is under the bent panels. I also need to find the broken/cut wire that keeps shorting and frying my fuseable links.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hate updates without pictures but here we go

Ive been doing a fair bit lately so that i can finely get my cert. So far i have

- cut and rewelded the coilovers so it can sit a bit lower while still being captive.

- Had the welds crack tested as required by Clint.

- 2 x driveshaft loops added.

- New outer tie rod ends

I still have to

- Rebuild the brake master (i have the seal kit, i just need to fit them)

- Finish putting my struts back together and in the car (I just have to put the disc and calipers back on 1 side).

- Put a packer under the drivers side engine mount to stop the turbo hitting the steering box and modify the exhaust to suit.

- Replace a flange on the diff head.

I hope to have this all done in a few weeks, money will be the issue as im heading on hoilday to aussie in a few weeks aswell. This WILL be at the Napier meet though!!!!

• 2 months later...

I managed to get it my Cert, WOF and Reg last week so ive been driving it everywhere lately, already put 400km on it.

Now i can start doing little things that ive been putting of till i got my WOF like a leaking diff and my new back bumper.

Stay turned........