JiveTontos (was ryanfels's) JZX61 Toyota Mark 2

ryanfels

Discuss - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15568

well this is my first post so i thought i would make it a good 1

about febuary i sold my 4age ke70 hoping to find a gx61 or similar to go boso on but fuck me if i could find 1. Ended up settling with a pretty cool looking widebody ma70. Then 1 day i went over to my mates house and as i turned up, there was a mint gx61 sitting in the drive, turns out it a family friends car and he was looking to sell. Long story short, i brought it for sweet fuck all.

when i picked her up, she had just clicked over the 98000 mark and the only rust was a small spot under the windscreen and some around the boot area which i fixed 1st before doing anything else

1000970ua2.jpg

1000973mt5.jpg

super lush interior

1000972vp3.jpg

1000971ne3.jpg

had some 14x6 longchamps to put on for the mean time (now belong to a oldschool mag hoarder :P )

longchamp14x65dk6.jpg

i then picked up this off reo at tama autos, 15x7 -2 and 15x7.5 -2

1001024yk0.jpg

I then chucked in a manual (no picture but you all know what a gear stick looks like), made it heaps better, and so much more fun to drive :D

i then managed to get my hands on a pair of SSR mk2s 15x8 -12 and painted the centre gold

goldmk2syg5.jpg

and about that time, i also discovered the money eating site that goes by the name of Yahoo Auctions Japan

cuscocamberplatesgx61dv0.jpg

Now a couple of weeks back, garage dori decided to have a meet so i thought i would get my act together and get the 15x7.5 meshes powder coated to match the mk2s, look fucking tough and well worth every cent

1001289hl8.jpg

1001291eu7.jpg

Now im collecting the rest of my bits to lower it, already have ae86 TRD rears for it and ive got ae92 TRDs for the front on the way. Will probably get my WOF then cut my springs until i can get some custom springs made maybe, still deciding really.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

wow page 4, been awhile since an update

Havnt done much really, just drive it while replacing what feels like every fucking sensor and relay in the entire car!

On the up note though, pick these up from tauranga yesterday

1001458ud7.jpg

Will look at fitting them once my car is fixed again :x

cut my springs aswel

1001466tw9.jpg

• 2 months later...

ok, time to do some more shit to this thing

When i first brought the car, the plan was to just play around with the exterior and interior and leave the engine alone. aslong, as it was reliable, i would put up with the crap power.

But after the computer fucking out on me 6hrs up north, that was the final straw so ive decided to put in what i should have done from the start...... 1jzgte

have gone and brought myself a niteb jz-w bellhousing and fly, 550hp external walbro and some RCAs to get rid of my bump steer

1001633.jpg

i am keeping an eye out for a cheapish complete motor but have found i can probably get a complete VVTI engine out of a JZX100 delivered from japan for ruffly the same price so i have my guy over there currently sorting out a few options. That shouldnt be more then a few weeks away ether.

Also brought a pair of 15x7 0+- SSR mk2s of davey (glancn) to complete my set which im totally over the moon about!

1001643l.jpg

So hopefully this should all get under way in the not to distant future, cant wait really!

What this space!

Chucked in some Bendix pads in the front last week, is stopping choice as now!

Me looking fat with a ph

clubkmeet014.jpg

Bashed out the rear guards, put 8s on the back, bike on back and then went for a cruise with club-k.

Will look at lowering more during the week

Well shits getting serious now, im burning money like theres no tomorrow!

Purchased a sweet supercharged ae92 to use for a daily, was a mint deal.

I have been looking at a few different 1jzs, deciding which was the best deal. But then this turned up :D

getattachmentcat7tlbq.jpg

its a complete 2jzgte out of a 1994 aristo. Has done 110,000kms. Also comes with the auto box, intercooler and piping

has burnt a big hole in my pocket, even if it was a steal. So dont expect to much in updates for a few weeks.

Still has to come from japan anyway so it will give me time to save for other stuff to

• 1 month later...

Well instead of paying off the 2jz, i thought i would try find a gearbox to chuck on the van before it left. So i brought this off yahoo for a pretty good price

yasujbpimg600x418124204.jpg

yasujbpimg600x413124204.jpg

Its a W58 from a JZA80 supra so is alot newer and ive been told it has a stronger input then my old w55. And because is comes with a JZA80 driveshaft, flywheel, bellhousing, crossmember and remote shifter, i should be able to get most of my money back by selling it all bar the box. It also has a clutch which hopefully is good enough condition for me to use.

Along with Spencers altezza F series diff head that ive brought, it should be able to hold the 2jzgte and my heavy foot................ i hope :?

• 1 month later...

Ok some small progress, got my mounts watercut then tacked together, just incase i need to move the engine forward a bit as ive read the rear turbo may hit my clutch master cylinder

jzmmounts.jpg

Also picked up an altezza torsen LSD thats already in a mz11 head. Ill probably take the LSD out and put it in the head thats in the car to keep the same ratio

altezzalsd.jpg

Im picking up the engine in 2 weeks from tauranga and i should have all the money i need to do all the major stuff 2 it so assuming nothing major happens (famous last words), it should be up and running asap (fingers crossed)

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update.

picked up the 2jz from tauranga a few weeks ago but not before i picked up this F/L gx61 from palmy for wrecking

gx61wreck1.jpg

It was pink stickered for no springs so i chucked in some 4x2 to get it on the trailor, brought it back and then after a few beers with boys, it looked like this in the space of 5 hours

gx61wreck2.jpg

I had the 2jz stored at my uncles down the road due to space in my garage but after relising how long this is taking me and my time issues, i had i massive clean and got it back to mine.

Now sporting a brand new mechanical waterpump, cambelt, crank seal and cam seals. I have removed the A/C and replaced the fanbelt with a shorter item. i modified the throttle body and removed the traction control. i have added my engine mounts and im about to go outside and wrap the coils in shrink wrap to help stop cracking.

1001758.jpg

The W58 has now got a rear shifter from a W55

1001763.jpg

Now i just have to wait for my 5puk exedy to arrive and sort out my wiring issues with my ae92 and then its all on :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...