Toucan's 1968 Isuzu Bellett

Toucan

Picked up this sweet little car in the weekend. It was restored in (I think) 1998, only 3000miles on the engine since then, I turned the key an drove it over 1000kms without any troubles, amazing.

img0415sa6.jpg

Got with it a huge amount of spares; doors, seats, trim, steering, suspension, wiring, virtually everything bar a shell, so if any bellett owners need parts let me know.

Short term plans are paint the steels in maybe a blueish grey, add whitewalls and enjoy cruising round in it. Long term plans... I havent thought that far!

I've just had to wire up the light for the oil pressure gauge, realigned a windscreen washer, replace a swaybar bush and tidy some loose wires but other than that it is perfect for a car of its age, stoked!

Discussion: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15102

• 3 months later...

s6300039fd5.jpg

Bellett oil filters for future reference:

Ryco # R2211P

Baldwin # P174 - Listed for Massey Ferguson tractors and Lister air compressors!!

Fram # CH828PL1, CH820PL, CH7504

Nippon Micro # O-6718

Fleetguard # LF566

Sakura # O-1803

Wix # 51302

Napa # 1302

Vapormatic # vpd5001

donaldson toolbox link.

http://www.donaldsontoolbox.com.au/

you nail the cross reference thing, then select a filter, and click equivalents. piece of piss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Update/nothing new.

Chipped away some bog and primed + painted with spray can from supercheap in a sweet shade of Claret.

Rims back to black + added chrome trims. New tyres on front, matching rears to come.

Might do a roofrack, might do whitewalls, should go lower again.

Chasing up an oil filter and new engine mounts, also looking into refurbishing the brake master cylinder as brakes have gone a bit squishy.

img1217fv.jpg

• 10 months later...

Bit of an update.

Have new rear tyres. Modified a Chev Luv engine mount I got from the states. Got a new brake master cylinder and bypassed the remote booster as I was having a few brake issues, seems to be braking nicely again. Replaced a rack boot today, deleted the aerial as it was annoying me and also tried to improve the heater a bit to aid demisting.

Some pics.

Engine mount

img1415vv.jpg

img1973v.jpg

Brake master, luckily it has similar dimensions to common trailer masters, just had to file the mounting holes a tad

img1972b.jpg

Up on blocks while working on the brakes

img1944eu.jpg

Rack boot, second one that has split on me, I think it is hitting inner guard since I have lowered it, may give it a light grind to gain some clearance.

img1982qk.jpg

No more aerial, it had broken long ago an was jaggered and sharp an I nearly took my eye out too often, the world is a safer place now

img1970yq.jpg