machining discs-gsr ex

crustyrusty

ok just took of my rear discs on my ex they are off a 10 bolt turbo diff. im just wondering whats the go with machining them? there must be a limit to how much you can go and one has got a sumwat nasty gash :shock: . how do you work out how small you can machine them too? cheers (other hints and tips...?)

it should be stamped or cast into the disk somewhere, will be either on the outer circumference, inside hub face or other part, or on the outside face. hard to explain what im meaning, but anywhere the disks dont run, it might be

best way is to take to it with a wire brush hardcore, everywhere as it will no doubt have suface rust every where other than where the pads go, which is basically anywhere where the stamps might be.

will be something like 'min 17.3' or some shit

tbh bro, likely hood is that being an old car, with a gouge out of it like you said i doubt you'll get it to size after machining so if you cant find the markings then just presume they're fucked and move on

dont know if they are the same fuel, the 1800 gsr lancers seem to run whacked up brake setup, not common with any other mitsis

i had no end of problems trying to find replacement front rotors for a set of gsr front struts i had, there was nothing avalible to me at all, would have required other rotors and custom spacers/brackets to fit them to the struts

the 2 litre gsr lancer stuff is different to the 1800 stuff we got here in nz, as i looked at getting some discs from the uk but no luck (2litre stuff is the same as starion i believe, cant remember tho)

if the rear ends are the same your best bet is to probably try a uk supplier as they have stock over there for them

swapping left to right is hardly a good option as the brakes work on both sides of the disc

yeah I think 1800GSR EX have smaller rotors so 13" wheels can fit over them, am sure the calipers and pads are the same. But that's for the front though. I'm pretty sure the rear rotors are vented and the same diameter/dimensions as Starion 4 stud rear rotors.

This link says the brakes are the same size for Starion and EX2000 GSR - http://www.oldermitsubishis.co.uk/models.html