inhibitor issues

MZ ROLA

so after replacing 2 starter motors and stressing about what i had done wrong with my wiring a friend informed me it may infact be the inhibitor as my car used to be automatic.... tests proved he was right and after some research i found what the plug looks like what im ment to do with it.... but now i have another problem the previous owner has cut most of these plugs off and the wire colours in the diagram below dont match up with what i have found on my loom ....

adaptor.jpg

there is evidence of a plug being cut off next to the starter signal terminal these three wires are brown with a yellow trace, blue with a yellow trace, purple with spotted red trace all of which are small wires...

next i have three white wires a black wire with an orange trace (white and black wires are thickish) and 2 black wires with a red trace, then there are 2 long black wires one with a brown speckled trace these are all around the reverse switch

after trying to locate plugs similar to those in the pics the only thing i found that slightly resembles them are ..

a yellowy transparent plug which has 2 thickish wires which are black and black with a white trace and a smaller red with a black trace ... this plug is located next to the cut three wire plug mentioned above..

and a white plug which has a light green wire, light green with a red trace and a red with a blue trace

there are a lot more left over plug but they just dont seem relevant to the above diagram

can anyone make sence of that and relate it to the diagram above that would be awesome... also the car is a ae82 NZ new sedan

and heres pic of what wires/plug im left with

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=24983840yv2.jpg

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=24983840yv2.jpg

so after replacing 2 starter motors and stressing about what i had done wrong with my wiring a friend informed me it may infact be the inhibitor as my car used to be automatic.... tests proved he was right

Oh mean, we're friends?

I like the "tests proved he was right" part. Didn't really need tests though, always right etc. I'm like the SI version of CaM.

lol yea i know i need to loop the wires but i dont no which ones they are :(......

and finee ky i rephrase... some random, arrogant fuck, off my msn suggested the inhibitor ... that better? :P oh and yes tests did need to be made as i wasnt sure how many of my starter motors actualy worked, also i really wasnt expecting it to work as the car ran fine with the bluetop 4age and manual conversion

It does seem more accurate. :lol:

I got mine to engage the starter, looped the too most solid wires. Which looks like a similar notion to those pictures that you posted, however, you're missing some plugs.. Hmmm...

That plug on the right hand side of your actual photo. Is/was that plugged into anything or was it just hanging like that. If it only has three wires like the similarly coloured one in the other pictures, get a bit of wire and loop the two thickest gauge wires there.

ohh crap im retarded i posted the same pic twice lol ... the one that i posted just looks like one plug has been cut off ... this pic is probably more on the money as it has the reverse switch (or what i believe to be) ... problem is there are 4 thicker guage wires ... and yeahhh na ripped the bluetop out 3 years ago so i dont really remember :( ....

57781101vl0.jpg

Has your car still got an inhibitor relay? if so see if you can find the park and neutral wires that have been cut and connect one/both to 12v which should pull the relay in (see if you can hear it) and sort the problem

or on second thoughts find which pin on the ecu was feed by the inhibitor and put 12 v down that, assuming you have an automatic ecu? or if its amanual ecu the neutral switch should feed the same pin if your car has one?just rattling off what i can think of

yup yup thats my ecu ... but fuck just pulled it all apart and typically the only 2 pins (no wire no metal conductor in the plug) are missing from the EGR and NSW lol .... but yeah i guess that fixable will just have to wire another plug into the loom so once this is done and i have a NSW wire do i wire this to the switched 12V wire from the ignition when in the start position?