MK1ONP'S P VAN update 16/10/08

threw my hubs in the lathe at 530 thismorning changed the stud pattern just got the drums to redrill now then fit em up SWEET :lol:

imgp2056ya4.jpg

Also hit a big speed hump today to looks like the rota will only fit with massive mods carried out as its sitting way to low. When the bags are ridin on stops the sump will stove into the ground hard & because of the way the gearbox mounts {with the halfshafts etc} it can be moved either might look at another option turbod 1200 ute engine :badgrin::badgrin:

spent 2 hours on the lathe at 530 thismorning but sorted out my hubs at last now just the caliper mounts to create

imgp2068je2.jpg

imgp2069li1.jpg

imgp2072lk7.jpg

K so heres the new plan rota is not going in there it just wont bloody fit so thanks to Danger {whos gunna hook me up like a demon} i'm going to extract as much as I can outa a wee 1200 hundy from a early ute may even look a bit like this :badgrin::badgrin:

enginetop1whnp9.jpg

got all my hubs sorted stud changed to 4x100 all round new bearings front & rear new top & bottom ball joints fitted . Banged the 1300 in there today got a shitload of mods to make it work as its a little big new mounts,bell housing,rear chassis rail so I think i'm gunna hold out for a 1200 {still not too sure} :mrgreen: anyway heres a couple of pics

imgp2079uh2.jpg

imgp2075ct9.jpg

you can the see the bellhousing alterations that are needed

imgp2077do7.jpg

think it sits at a mint height

imgp2083dm6.jpg

this looks like it'll stand on end mad az

imgp2085fc2.jpg

aint done too much this week been busy at work :rolleyes::rolleyes:

have recond my halfshafts & stripped down the gear box cleaned it out re assembled & painted it.. I got my paint for the chassis same as the bottom half of the van will be PPG ORIANORANGE

imgp2103vw1.jpg

imgp2101ew1.jpg

imgp2107wj9.jpg

fitted the rear panel up too to check it for radiator fitment

imgp2105qc3.jpg

got one of my engines massive ups need to go out to zed not zee & danger as they both hooked me up with mazda 1200 engines..

plans are to use the best of the 2 & work the arse of it not sure on what specs as yet but will work it out over the nextweek.

imgp2114jh3.jpg

imgp2117du5.jpg

as you can see the mounts still don't line up but thats no biggy will hopefully sort it out tomorrow

imgp2117du5.jpg

imgp2119ii3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

got my motivation back after all the shit that went down :cry: Comp testedthe engine was pretty sweet 110 on all four :shock: gunna rebuilt it port polish the head, bigger valves, wild cam .gunna chew it out n fit some bigger pistons in there & balance the whole thing .. As for carb/carbs brought a set of bike carbs all tuned up for a worked datto 1200 so they should be mean..

couple of pics with the head off had a bit of water in there head gasket was fucked..

imgp2154iy3.jpg

imgp2155yn4.jpg

imgp2156nr3.jpg

not much been going on still sorting out cortina & house etc.

stripped out the rest of the 1200 found new full gasket sets on ebay $89 nz landed at my door so one on the way

Gunn send the block away to get honed out & the head for a mean port n polish job just gotta sort out what valves etc i'm gunna use

Also gunna atempt to make the inlet manifold my self..

imgp2157zs9.jpg

imgp2158ou0.jpg

imgp2159qo8.jpg

imgp2160hn5.jpg

sup did a little more over the weekend made the engine mounts just gotta tidy up my welds a little but they are pretty good all in all

imgp2166dm2.jpg

going to take the heads for polish & port next week man these ports can be reamed out huge 8)

imgp2170is2.jpg

Now only got to mount the shocks then I can strip the chassis & paint it SWEEET then it'll start to look like i'm getting somewhere

got a bit of motavation today

imgp2185vx5.jpg

imgp2187mp4.jpg

Had to roll the rears but they clear sweet no air in the bags in this pic{rear}

imgp2189wb6.jpg

but the fronts gunna need some work to clear oh well all good needed some nore work to do anyway :lol:

imgp2191sq9.jpg

i love the back eh rekon it looks phat

imgp2194np3.jpg

sweet clearance for there for the engine & carbs too

imgp2196js5.jpg

imgp2197iy3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

righto i got some new rims & regardless to what any fucka thinks i love em they fixx all my issues with brake & body clearance etc

15x6.5 advanti apollos & when your mate now works for the nz importers & you only have to pay $100 a rim its hard to pass it up {sold the modgies too}

Im guna run some 25 mm spacers on the rear to poke the rims out the the edge'so it'll look a bit fatter

imgp2260na9.jpg

imgp2268zb4.jpg

imgp2272zi6.jpg

gunna finish moutning the engine mount up the mx5 disc calipers & prolly panint the chassis then getting the motavation back again now :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At last got some time back on the van . Got some brackets waterjet cut for mounting thr mx5 calipers to the old van hubs. Rebuilt the calipers etc just got to fit them up now then onto mounting shocks :wink: .

been gathering up bits n peices been busy as at work mad time of year will hopefully get back into it over xmas.. :D

okay got the brakes all done took a bit of brain work but sorted in the end .

the brackets worked a treat ..

calipers all rebuilt

imgp2474re9.jpg

got the brackets cut out with water jet made the spacers up on the lathe

imgp2475ew8.jpg

was a bit of a head fuck to get the calipers to mount to the old vans drum hubs

imgp2476nq7.jpg

almost looks factory :lol::lol:

imgp2479ir2.jpg

least i kept it mazda i spose

imgp2481ov7.jpg

spent a couple of hours today working out how to mount front shocks . Man what a shit of a job trying to make it so there was enough shock travel when the bag inflated & they did'nt bottom out when they deflated & then working in the fact the angle of the shock changed as the chassis went up & down ..

Got there in the end tho just gota get my mate to cut the brackets out

imgp2484lv7.jpg

imgp2486ez4.jpg