Spanners 1991 Chevron psycho-mobile

spanners

Picked this up on the weekend. It aint legal and it needs a couple of things to get it that way but FUCK ME its fast and loud. Definitely puts the shits up ya when you stomp on the gas.

Anyway specs...

Ex-GT4 3SGTE

Big turbo, forget the specs. From XTR

Wild wild wild lumpy cams

Adj cam gears

Forgies

ARP bolts everywhere

Racepro FMIC

Turbosmart external wastegate

Monza (ugggh) BOV

Supra 5spd with mega short shift

Custom plenum and piping

Link plus (without a fucking hand controller dammit)

R32 Gtst rear subframe w coilovers

Gtst LSD, think its a 4.11

4 stud conversion on rear wheels

Rear mount radiator, apparently to suit 350 chev

Supposed to have 300kw at the flywheel on 13psi. I wouldnt be surprised if that was the case but im gonna throw it back onto a dyno to find out and to make sure its fuelling right. I dont have the money to fix an exploded motor so I dont want it leaning out! Its supposed to be on 13psi now but it keeps going to 18 which is a bad bad thing :?

Plans are to...

Get it legal. Unfortunately this includes getting it certed for turbo motor and whole back end :(

Put semi slicks on it

Make brakes work better, they are shit as. Dirty Viva stuff

Put it on the dyno and make sure tuning is where its sposed to be. Will make sure it is tuned for 18psi cos thats as high as I wanna go.

Get a hand controller for the link

Sort out the boost

Tidy up wires in engine bay some more. Already done some

Harnesses, got them there but need to put them in

Paint it or something

It has heaps of power and handles ok but the brakes make it a bit sketchy. Shortish diff means it doesnt get very far past 200ks but I wouldnt really wanna anyway, at only 650kgs it would probably take off.

WTF was I thinking????

Pics to come asap

By the way ive got the standard rebuilt 3SGE and a couple of sidey 45 webers on a 3S manifold if anyone knows what they are gonna be worth to sell?

Motor

4153513842a7180296431l.jpg

Bonnet on

4153513842a7180296493l.jpg

Front mount and shit

4153513842a7180296519l.jpg

Booty

4153513842a7180296409l.jpg

the silver bullet is in 'The Chequered Flag' (a tuning shop in wellys) at the mo cos of a few things. Mainly that it was runnin 22 fucking PSI which isnt that cool. The elec boost controller was there and hooked up to the link but not hooked up to the wastegate which basically means it was a nothing controller. Gettin me a boost switch to go between 10 (wastegate spring) and 18 PSI. Ive got a 38mm Turbosmart wastey on there which has a bung diaphram. New one in tomorrow and then the old bitch goes on the dyno for a low key re-tune for 18psi. Ordered two new tyres for rear as well. $340 bucks a pop they better stick like bear shit to rabbit fur or I will feel ripped.

225/50/r15 of these muotherfuckers

116.jpg

Fuck this car is gonna cost me my fucking life. Sooooo worth it tho. If you see me on the road wave me down and I take you for a ride - all will become clear :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spanners2

Arrghghghg

FIrst a real foto

4153513842a7235342401l.jpg

So basically my other account got locked out and no one emailed me back so im here with a bright new shiny account to carry on what I started...

Car is still in shop. Turns out fuel pump grossly undersized and motor leaning out under boost. Uncoool...

Has been in shop for too fuckin long now, I wish it was all carybs and number 8 wire so I could fix it myself but im a turbo virgin so dont wanna fuck it up.

Can someone reactivate my other account? Im feeling lonely and quietly emo

Fuck im looking foward to getting it back - in theory should have even more power! Yussssss

Shitty video of me giving it some herbys

http://bebo.com/watch/6155951090

Guest spanners2

So new fuel pump in and running ok but then the shop goes to put it on the dyno and apparently it shits itself every time it hits boost, all spluttery and shit. Needless to say Im not that impressed but at least the weather is shit so I wouldnt be driving it anyway. Im not looking forward to the bill from this wee shop visit but hopefully i dont have to do that TOOOO often

Really wanna put my new tacho in tho and keep tidying it up. And NO its not a monster tacho. Im not that cool

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Cars are expensive

• 3 weeks later...
Guest spanners2

Soooooooo 4 weeks later its STILL in the Chequered Flag.

Got a 600hp Bosch fuel pump on there and it just doesnt cut it. Doesnt make any sense cos the motor got dynoed at 315hp (233kw) at the rears, so shop reckons the fuel pump is a crock of shit. Been on the dyno heaps, Bosch rep getting them to try all sorts of shit, claiming that its something else thats wrong. 12.8v going to fuel pump and he reckons thats not enough and blah blah blah. IMO 12+ volts is fuckin heaps but hey. Starting to get real grumpy about it ay, 4 weeks is a joke.

Im not one to bag a workshop but I have to say their communication is lacking and thats the most infuriating part - I just want my fucking car back! Arrghghghg drunk rum fueled rant...

But on a better note... 46mm DSR wastegate ready to go on. Put a 9psi spring in it to replace the 15psi spring. I still wanna run like 13psi.

Whos a pro on 3SGTEs? I wanna know whats holding me back powerwise. The cams should be good for 400++++ horses, they are fuckin lumpers. The turbos is a big jobby, surely 500hp plus.... so where is the weak point?! I want to make a ice holder for the front of the cooler, thats gotta be good for ya. Im thinking that a bigger/better cooler would be beneficial and I guess head work. Reason im curious is that bigger boost didnt make fuck all power difference ay. Im kinda new to the turbo thing, and I do understand the whole concept, but cant figure out what I would do next if I do decide its not fast enough. Which would be a silly decision...

Would LOVE to get to 300kw at the rears :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest spanners2

Stoked. After all the fucking around the people at Bosch gave me the next fuel pump up (700hp) for the same price as the 600hp one. All been tested and works a shit load better so I am very happy with that.

Got it back on the dyno to get some more tunage going and then the clutch started slipping at about 4000rpm. I was expecting this as some stage cos its only a std GT4 clutch and pressure plate im told. The thing that sucks is that the clutch doesnt slip on the road at all cos theres so little weight to push, compared with a hub dyno. So replacing the clutch is solely so I can dyno the fucking thing!

Anyway I finally have the car back and I have to say that excluding the time taken I was actually quite happy with the Chequered Flags work on this. Once I got inside their heads a bit I realised that they are quite onto it so I feel safe with them working on my car. Oh and plus the bill was pretty dam reasonable too.

So the current to-do list is:

Get new wastegate welded on

New HD clutch

New tyres

mount my tacho (monsta tach/fuck that shit :rolleyes: )

WHEEL ALIGNMENT!!!!!

Anyway no new pics just yet, cos nothing is really different. Will take some fotos of bright bright welding lights

• 2 weeks later...

So car was in a mates engineers shop to get new wastegate welded up. 2 parts to this story...

1) Engineers home computer fucked out the day I dropped my car off. Using my IT prowess I fixed that shit for him/hit him up about a discount. Wowow IT prowess

2) Engineer moved my car from one macking shed to another. Being mega lumpy cams and considering the sheds were 5m apart the car never got far past idle and therefore the plugs fouled up. As expected I guess. Anyway engineer couldnt start car cos of oily plugoes, so he cleaned plugs and decided to take it for a boost to clear it all up. During this boost he managed to run an orange (RED?) light and got pulled up. Im a bad cunt cos the persy plates on it arent actually regd to the car and car is FAR from legal. Cops gave him the big fraud spiel about the plates and ended up fining him for the red light run. While this is funny cos I dont have to pay the fine, it also SUCKS cos now there are 2 cops who know the car isnt legal. Now im scared to drive it cos if these particular cops see this car driving around again they will no doubt pull me up due to possible illegality.

Man im drunk, im convinced I posted this shit somewhere else on here but hey. I wish I was cool enough to be on like 100 forums so that any post on here would be all like "ooh that exclusive cunt Spanners devoted his oh-so-prescious time to OS"

But im not. Im OS to the core.

Mainly cos Toyspeed banned my addy/WTF?

I aint toyota anyway Im NZ made represent/Chevron engineering

and PKB

Drunk

Hey I need help. Well thats obvious but seriously. My steering stopped working today while I was driving, lucky I was goin slo.

Anyway anyone know what this steering universal joint is off? I need to get one asap

4153513842a7755714949l.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Ok a million bucks later my car steers again. Took for drive, got half way to servo and ran outa gas. SHAME. Thegreatestben made me feel better by arriving at the servo and dishing out some mad props. Much lubs TGB

Just gotta sort the fucking boost controller, it doesnt know its hand from its asshole. Trying to send 30psi up in there. Mad clutch fry at 180ks...

finally got a chance to give it some stick on a nice cold night. Got 210ks without any splutter or shit when boost controller was turned off (about 14psi) so its running a shitload better than it has been...

• 1 year later...