Yoeddynz's 1984 rotary powered chevette

yoeddynz

well i thought i have not posted up here since leaving NZ last year...so heres the latest car...

exilesunday.jpg

engine2.jpg

engine3.jpg

my liitle brown chevette has been built up over last winter here in Blighty.

Its a standard 12A and box outta a rusty £120 series 2 Rx7. Had it on a rolling road and its putting out exactly 115BHP which is about right for one of these 12a's. Its fun and not tooooo thirsty. Surprises lots of cars at the lights and has alot of people trying to guess the engine note when i turn up at shows :D

I have been using it over summer here and its getting lots of interest as not so many people here into rotors...which is great because they are bloody cheap to buy and play with...except petrol but isnt it getting more expensive there in NZ too?

hers a link as Im a crap typer and dont want to write it all again!!!

Some of you will know this car already from chevettes.com and retro-rides.com

http://www.chevettes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11982

Please bear with me on late replys as I dont always get near the nerd net!

I hope ya like it- i love it!

alex (in cold grey rainy bloody england-looking forwards to coming home)

• 5 years later...

Wow. I'm bringing up a very old thread but last night I was doing some late night chevette/ other old car searching. While browsing I found some more photos of our old chevette.. Well, ok the engine, re- skinned in a new body by its owner. The fella who bought it off me, Tidgh, only owned it for 5 days before flicking the keys to his brother telling him to take it for a spin. His brother then hit some black ice and sent it off the road sideways straight into a power pole completely destroying it.

he re- shelled it into another hatch he had. last time I spoke to him he said it was going to be a HS replica and that the engine was still going strong.

Was such a fun wee car.

Anyway- Now its all tarted up and looking pretty cool all dressed up in an HS suit.

5ed5d0a976f4e57b0942115ea4478cbd_zps9049

1a21c3395727b491969aff5b4a1114d9_zpsdc15

1f0c4eba2192085bf5a9d1993ff268c6_zps5dd7

I'm glad it's still alive (well the engine is..)

• Like 2