Polishing rotor housings

danger

Guest sexychevette

ive always wonderd wheather or not this was a good idea or not, would reduce the surface area quite alot from the factory rough finish. Prob wouldnt affct cooling tho/i duno. Going to leave mine as they came from the factory. While on that subject, my brand new housings are shit compared to my old as ones out of a blown series 5 engine. Theyre really rough, where as the ones pulld out of the car are nice as. They must of cleaned them up at the factory before they put em into the car.

ur housings are painted? never seen that before. u talking about the rotor housings aye? or the side housings/ends and center plate?

Yeah I'm taling about rotor housings, someones sprayed some silver spraypaint on them, without cleaning them down first and its a pain in the ass.

I cant see polishing the housings doing any harm, in proper blueprinted race engines alotof people will de-burr and smooth down the insides and outsides of blocks as the burrs form points of weakness for the stresses to focus on and create cracks etc. Not that it's gonna matter either way for my application.