Alistairs royal saloon crown

mark105

Nice buy, i know the car, used to live down near waikanae, some business guy used to own it, i took it for a test drive about 4 years ago was going to buy it then but decided to pay some bills instead.

I've owned 4 of these, well one was the UZS 131, and the other's were the MS137's (exact same cars but with the dirty ol' 7M BHG legends)..

strange how the cars are identical to the 3.0 except course the V8, have an air bag, and the velour is slightly different, as the v8's always fade and go a funny colour --Pimpin purple!!!! but the 3.0's velour stay dark plush blue.

Most of them were equipped with GPS and have electronic compass, on screen diagnosis for the suspension and electrical stuff, but your's has an aftermarket jap tv in the place of the factory sat nav.

Awesome cars cept for when the shocks go (last about 10 years, cost about $1500 a corner--reason why i got rid of my ones)..i think the old guy had just replaced the rears when i was looking at it.. The 1UZ is primo, only real probs are leaking power steer pump, and ERG or shims can make them "ticky"

Those cars have the best dual a/c i have ever come across, even better than a celsior ls400 i owned, used to be able to get it so cold inside the cabin that i could see my breath even on 25 deg days!!!

They have fuckin beefy full frame chassis mine weighed about 1870kg with quarter tank at the weigh station...

awesome cruisers, good luck man!