mazda horn wire

Guest hawley

hey guys

just bought a 1982 mazda 323 for dirt cheap, had a wof for a week or two and i was just going to get a new wof and chuck on some more rego and flick it off for some extra $$$

anyway took it down for a warrant on friday, one of the things it failed on was having no horn since the last owner decided to take the steering wheel apart.

so today i fixed it up and re wired the horn in the steering wheel, but now when i connect the steering wheel the horn stays on constantly.

im planning on just wiring a switch into the dash for the horn, but i just need to know which wire running to the steering wheel is for the horn.

if anyone does know could you let me know, or suggest easy ways to suss out which wire it is, because ive narrowed it down to 4 wires on one of the looms into the wheel.

chur

yea i get that, the wire in the steering wheel had been cut so i re wired that, but it seems like the horn must be constantly earthing itself.

since the steering wheel was in pieces when i got the car i dont know how many parts are missing from inside it, which is why i was going to let it constantly earth, but wire in a switch for it

na i soldered then heatshrink, so its not the wire thats connecting and earthing the horn

like is said i found two of the parts for the steering wheel under one of the seats so its quite likely some of the parts are missing

especially considering the other owner had run the window washer hoses into the front guards, like a diesel squirter, but the front wheels, and never used diesel :rolleyes: