Flanges 1978 2000tc

Goat

Got this sexy beast today. Set me back a wopping 750 bucks and it came with 40 bux petrol. w00t!

This is the mintest triumph i have ever seen. The only bit of rust as above the mirror. It was like that when he got it he said. So he put grease on it. And it hasnt spread or gotten worse for 22 years. When we did the change of ownership he pulled out the 1985 ownership papers for me to sign. So cool!!

This is one of those dream finds. Garaged for its life. Interior is like new. Just missing a rear ashtray and a window winder knob. Wood is MINT. Vinyl is MINT. Its a filthy colour too. I'd say its a kinda band-aid beige / flesh colour. It aint mustard (damn!!) its just weird. Behold:

dscn1460qz3.jpg

dscn1461sl1.jpg

MINT:

dscn1455lu7.jpg

dscn1456av5.jpg

• 11 months later...

The time has come to mod it :P

First of all i gave the carbsa mega tune. And it still ran shit. Only to find that it was running like 20 degrees too retarded. With that fixed it had like 1million times more power. But, as the carbs were so out of tune (to get the thing even running on 20degrees retard) it was busting a cool 5km/L. Retunend the carbs and now its getting around 11. And it is fast (compared to fronte anyway) :P

Then...

Big mega awesome thanks to Dale (Mr. D) for letting me roll his volk mesh 14's. 7"s on the back and 7.5"s on the front (mega guard rub on the back otherwise :lol:) They have been inspirational. Totally changed the car. Trying to hunt down a set now for myself (anyone?? :D). Anyway. Looks so tite with the rims on so i bought a set of springs to cut. Just did it today and its mean now. All captive. The back springs are bording on non captive with only 1 coil cut off. can go way lower. Front is almost on bumps so may need to cut them down. So some shortened shocks for the back will be found shortly. Lots of cut and test. But it turned out choice. Will go lower when funds allow :P. Anyway. behold. The new lease of life on the trumpy:

Before:

dscn1526da9.jpg

dscn1527cy7.jpg

After:

dscn1528nw7.jpg

dscn1530fp5.jpg

dscn1531mf9.jpg

Oh so cool. Plan to go way lower. Hopefully by Nats 08.

Such Bangin' daily

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

So yea, Thanks to Seedy Al Threatening to bottle me if i didnt get it going again. i took it for WOF. Clean sheet stz, although i did replace the front bushes first :P

But yea, WOF'D and REG'd. Tite:

dscn1542td5.jpg

dscn1545qg3.jpg

dscn1546gv5.jpg

Also, purchased and on the table for the next few months is a 2500TC engine and all the Mechanical fuel injection gear i need to take this from around 80 horse to just shy of 150. Mean!! Most people convert their Injected cars to carbs cos the injection is inherently unreliable. But fuck, is mechanical injection not the coolest thing on the planet? Seriously

dscn1554qz9.jpg

Pretty much ITB's. Choice. Gonna have some lush trumpets on these bad boys:

dscn1555fh2.jpg

MMmmmm, Lucas mechanical injection. Could it possably get ANY better??

dscn1556we6.jpg

Its aparently the fuel pumps that let the system down. So i'll see if i can get a bosh one that will do the job. The whole system runs around 110psi