4G32 Balance Shafts!!

Guest ryong963

Guest ryong963

Hey, I need some help in putting my balance shafts at TDC in my 4G32 (which I have just gone over with a fine tooth comb and replaced everything). These things have been a pain, but the 1 that I cant do is the one driven by the oil pump, theres a mating mark on the cog that it gets driven off, but not on any of the surroundings!!! being driven off the oil pump makes it somewhat harder to set, but any help would be appreciated. Cheers

The other dot is on the other oil pump cog, on the side facing the outside of the oil housing too which makes it difficult. You need to remove the oil pump pulley first to take the cog out on the shaft and you will see.

I'm just in the process of rebuilding a 4G37 (1755cc big brother of a 4G32) and remember it vividly.

I have a PDF workshop manual for rebuilding a 4G37 engine too if you want it (should all be the same as 4G32 except bore size).

What car did this 4G32 come out of? I didn't think 4G32's had balance shafts, perhaps its the last of them (late 80s, early 90s).

-Phil

Guest ryong963

hey fuel,

cheers for that a, i never wouldve looked there for it. the motor is out of my EX lancer which I think were the last ones to have balance shafts. (tredias, FWD sigmas etc i dont think have these stupid things) Hey that manual would be great a, just flick it onto ryongallagher@hotmail.com thanks again.

Yeah I guess its the RWD belt driven 4G32s which have balance shafts, the FWD ones dont but the FWD 4G37s do for some reason.

And caboon, what parts exactly have you got? I imagine you need a ground down right hand balance shaft to run off the oil pump, otherwise a stub of some sort, but it has to keep that small oil pump gear in place.

Guest ryong963

Also, the reason why I didn't show any interest in the balance shaft kit is that they are an oil feed line to the rear of the block, so the only way to remove them is to have the lobe things machined off so they just sit there and spin, so my suggestion to anyone who is thinking of fully taking them out, dont, it'll screw your bottom end

ya just rotate the bearing shells.

Yeah have a proper stub thing, just all the bits that the non-balance shaft 4g32 has.Fits the 4g63 and all the others too.Even got the proper bung/cover thing for the non-oil pump side.Reason i have it is coz i was gonna remove them in my 4g63, took the cover off and well yeah, had already been done.........Couldnt send the bits back as they where from japan.