diff replacements

mk2 gt

Most diffs need big time mods to fit. Ie, mounts shifted, axles shortened and housings shortened, plus stud pattern changed in some cases. For all that to be done your looking $1g if you can find someone to do it cheap.

$1G is cheap

Take my mustang diff off me for $240, you wont break it and it has shocks already on it. Its been in a mk2 before.

That's the cheap easy option! ....if fact if Mk2 GT doesn't want it I'd be hell keen to put it in the back of my Mk1 van!

Yeah 1g is cheap. Quote to do the above to my hilux was $1500+ from diffs R us in Aucks.

Ill get some Shipping prices cause im sure they will turn you both off as its heavy.

If he doesnt want it Ill do a swap for those lifters + cash if youve still got them.

Yeah 1g is cheap. Quote to do the above to my hilux was $1500+ from diffs R us in Aucks.

Ill get some Shipping prices cause im sure they will turn you both off as its heavy.

If he doesnt want it Ill do a swap for those lifters + cash if youve still got them.

Don't worry about pricing up the shipping for me I have that sorted as long as you don't mind getting it to the mainfreight depot. Yeah still got the rollers and would be keen for a trade deal.

Nah it wasnt in my mk2. I brought it for my mk1 and the guy said it was out of his mk2. I never saw it in there however. Measures corect.

Im going to buy some scales tommorow to weigh and ill check head ofset then also.

They had bigger drums but thats the only differance.

The mustang one has already been restuded for Ford stud pattern. Im pretty sure its bolt in. Ill measure mounting distances between leaf spring mounts, between shocks, between drum face, and diff ofset. Ill leave the rest up to you to measure and confirm on your end.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I took ages.

Here is what info I could get and a few pics.

Pretty close aproxs

Total weight is 90-100kgs

Centre to centre shock mounting = 760mm

Centre to centre Leave mounts = 940mm

Stud pattern = 4x108

Couldnt get overall width at this time as the axles are out and I was in a hurry, may be able to get these at a later date. Would prob be slightly differant when you mount disc brakes on it anyway.

The place where axle was shortened and welded is gettinbg surface rust, as is the spline. Not too bad at all tho. def still usable.

The diff ratio from memory is 2.84:1 or thereabouts. Aparently a sought after head for the hotrod boys.

A few pics:

dscf0008wt9.jpg

dscf0009kd7.jpg

dscf0010kh5.jpg

dscf0012xg6.jpg