Draizuh's, then Kyteler's 1985 Nissan Silvia SGL

Draizuh

Discussion Thread //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?showtopic=22128

Well i picked this baby up off trademe, Was on auction but the guy who won the auction never contacted seller. Before the auction ended i said if it doesnt sell to ring me coz ill buy it.

Yesterday he text and asked if i wanted it. So i went down first thing this morning to pick it up.

Its a 1985 New Zealand new Nissan Silvia S12

Engine is a CA20E

Solid Rear Axle and H190 Diff with drums.

Its only done 140km, first time around

Will post pics and more info later, off to work!

• 3 months later...

Minor Update. Cousin installed Me an Alarm and Central locking today. Awesome shit. I also fixed up the interior a bit, glued some broken shit, restuck some vinyl etc.

Taking it for warrent on friday, Also, a service. needs some decent oil and some general love.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no love. perhaps this week?!

Things to do/plans

Buy new Shocks and Springs (Kybs and King lows, on the way soon hopefully)

New Sparks and Leads to sort out annoying fucking idle miss. (hopefully!)

Oil Change and Oil Filter, needs it bad, poor bitch.

New Headunit, not taking out standard tho. lub that 80s shit hard.

New tyres. 4mm of tread on the back and its leaving 1's everywhere around auckland :lol:

And the big stuff..

CA18DE Which will recieve

• [*:3nfunc5u] Lumpy Cams
    [*:3nfunc5u] Twin 40's
    [*:3nfunc5u] Extractors and Exhaust.

Should build on the 130HP that the CA18DE has, Hoping to have about 160HP.

Also need some new rims but will keep my eyes out for those/not in a hurry.

Front of car could do with a bit of attention in the paint/dings department.

Might look at importing some Euro Spec Tail lights aswell.

All in all a slightly better, nicer sounding, slightly faster, better looking S12. Not huge plans but will no doubt take me forever/wasting my money on snowboards doesnt help could have done all that last week haah.

Also i noticed a nice little grill in the dash, looks like it could house a speaker/didnt look too hard but it looks like it might be a speaking model! would be awese if it is and it gets working again

• 4 weeks later...

Well today the filthy wee thing got a new Airfilter, New Oil Filter, Oil Change, Bought spark plugs but my sockets are homo so that can wait. also new wiper blades, that was the important one haha.

Should be getting a Manual conversion kit + Door trim + Any other shit i can use off a Gazelle RS-X Notch back tomorrow.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah boe, latest update after the mighty DRZHTWIZELVE taking a bit of punishment on mountain passes in the shitty skank town of queens, I used the bumper from my other one a standard hammer for bashing and some brute force and this is the result;

twizelveoq6.jpg

• 1 month later...

As it sits a little lower in the ass. Needs lower still (obviously) but not going to do that without proper shit and that is not going to happen until the 110 is good to go again. Daily driver duties for teh 12.

silvistangpg5.jpg

Next (relatively no effort) stz is to cut the bonnet (which is dented anyway) and fit the RS-X buldge then paint the bonnet, buldge and lamp covers in matty B.

The bumper is also body colour now and not white, but I'm too lazy to back the car out to take a photo.

• 2 weeks later...