Toyota Drifter's Toyota Levin SE85

Alrighty thought its about time i tella few people what im up to

Got a ae85 notch back levin

replacing the bluetop 4age and k50 with

3sgte and w55 going to run a ems computer, large t3/t4, big front mount and 13b turbo injectors goin to get dna marsh to build me a inlet plenium and exhasut manifold hope to have it all completed and back on rd before xmas,

gettin painted and caged in the next 3 week will post up som pictures after painting

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

alrighty long time no updates, thgis is proving to be alot harder than first thought due to oil drian issues with 3sgte, have to construct a oil feed from exhust side of head to sump. Have created mounts for engine and gearbox jsut need to sort out clutch and should hopefully have motor and box fitted and mounted before end of month

found a good sized hilux which is currently away being set up to mount in the 85, with s13 disks and ae92 calipers, diff will be rather adjustable

as for breaks in the front and goin to be running cressda struts with custom revoler rcas should allow for sum fat track on the front end

will get pics up asap, this is all goin to be goin before super lap,

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Man ages since my last up date, to much time spend drinking booze and trying to womanise, the drinking has been sucessful the womanising has not been.

But up dates

Bell housing has been cut down by frasiers, new engine mounts have been made my westcort, am jsut awaint new fly wheels bolts to arrive then going to bolt engine and box together this weekend and attempt to fit

once motor and box have been fitted cars going huntly to get exhust manifold and down pipe fabricated, have a few changes of heart as to desried power am now only aiming for the 200kw mark

Will post picture after weekend work

image025qf6.jpg

URL=http://imageshack.us]image026qs0.jpg[/url]

image026qs0.443888e88c.jpg

image029xi8.jpg

image029xi8.23b666d804.jpg

image028hs6.jpg

Saturday was very productive, manged to mount engine in, with box attached, issues gear box needs crossmember modify to work, mite change to non power steering rack as bellhousing sits on power steering lines, also corner of bell housing rests on steering rack, could not fit motor in with cut down dizzy on, so small amount of fire wall massaging will be require, also tappet covers and plenium need to be cut down lower, bit over all very good days wrk :P

• 2 weeks later...

Updates, going to fit winged sump, and mount motor further back and bit lower this weekend, also hope to finsh fabing up gearbox x member, them its time to start mounting the 1989 celica gtr radiator ive got and start working on water piping, will have pics on sunday, also bidding on a orgin body kit at moment

goal is to have car running again before xmas, then hit the first aviable track day

• 1 month later...

Long time with out updates, alright the car is now at TTT automotive> Have now remounted engine and gearbox they are sitting 2 centermeters closer to the firewall, could not make the motor any lower thou else sump will be hitting cross member. HAve re routed water piping using a 180b thermohousing on the rear of the motor, have also chnaged the cover on the cut down dizzy. This now means that fire wall will not even hve to be tapped to allow motor to fit in with easy, looks almost factory. Have also scored a evo 6 intercooler and am on look out for a s13 radiator, may end up buying cheap nock off alloy one for extra bling. Have also scored cressdia strust and racs for break upgrade on front, will convert these to coilover as well. Hopefully car should be outta TTT within 1 or 2 months.

No for the bad news, while car was sitting out in front of workshop a disgruntled employee for a bussiness further down had a slight bit of anger that needed realsing and decied to smash all of my windows except the winscreen and also place a massive dent in my front gaurd. He also smashed up a cefiro that was gettin caged and a civic that was having a b18c conversion. Luckly his boss has requested we get quote's and he will reinburse us. The employee was arrestted. So Slowly getting there will do another update with pics shortly.

If you need any automotive work donw in the auckland area defantly recommend TTT automotive engineering on Captian Springs Rd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Updates time

Motor and box are now in car, took a while to get clucth working correctly but have now learnt a few tricks huge thanks to Brendan from A1 turbos

Also have made new plenium with one of those cheap chinese 80mil throttle bodies, bit over kill at moment but will be awsome once the 30/76r is applied

Exhuast manifold is all together jsut needs too be final welded.

Also waitng on the exhust hosuing of turbo to be machined out then turbo will be back together

Have also purchased a bliz blow off valve for wank value and a blitz dual solinid boost controller

Link arrived yesterday so will start on wirng in weekend

All thats left now is a wiring massive the car is a mess going to re do entire car with minum wiring required, also need to purchase fuel pumps was thinking of a holley red as a lift pump and a boosch 910 as high pressure.

Peoples thoughts on holley would be appreachated, I am going for over kill as i have no intentions of ever touching this car again once complete.

Also am now trying to decide on colours am still keen on a dark gun metal gray but again thoughts ideas,

Massive update with pics after weekend

• 1 month later...