dx corolla 4ag 20valve

Guest gtrkid

Guest gtrkid

Can someone help please, I have just bought the above and it has got massive positive camber. I presume when the transplant was done they used a crossmember out of ae86 or simmiler, this car is early dx eg 79- 81 I also have a donar/ parts car that is 81 on ( different grill headlight etc) and have found struts are different, the crossmember is the same measurment as the one they have used in my car for the 4ag mounts, so does that mean that I will have to put the later model struts in to make the camber right. what I think is that mayby there is a difference in crossmembers between the two models of DX. would really appreciate any help,cheers gtrkid.

Does it have corona/cresida/supra/celica struts in it? The stub axle sticks out on a different angle so you get positive camber.

Get some camber plates and/or adjustable lower arms.

expensive, Why not just get the right struts.

Guest gtrkid

I sorry everyone tis ke70 corolla, I was led to believe they are the right struts and they have ke70 written on them in white marker. They are the type that have the springs that taper in at the bottom, but yes when you look at the stub axel angle they have a lot of positive camber. It is a 81 dx and the doner/parts car is 83 with different headlights, the strut angle on these struts look a lot better but I want to make sure as I will have to get new shock inserts and springs. Hope this is more clear, cheers Allan.