Engines that mount to 4g32 4spd box

cute wee gem

4G63, 4G62, 4G37, 4G52, 4G54 etc. The bellhousings are the same (apart from the 4G63 wide block and 4G54 auto block). You may have to get a custom flywheel and clutch to suit though.

The best engine to replace a 4G32 would be a 4G37 - pretty much identical except larger bore diameter. The 4G62/4G63 is similar to the 4G32/4G37 and shares the same bellhousing pattern.

The 4G37 only comes out in FWD anyway. It still shares the same block as the 4G32, and has the same RWD mount mouldings and tappings on the side of the block.

You will have to use the 4G32 water pump and metal pipes, and remove the cam belt side engine mount and power steer pump bracket. Then use a 4G32 timing belt cover.

I'm in the process of modifying my 4G37. It's in my FWD Galant.

I've already had the head recon'd, but I'm going to freshen up the bottom end. Will bore it out 20 thou over and get new pistons so will go from 1755cc up to 1777cc. Then I'm going to remove the balance shafts and use 4G32 oil pump and cover (as 4G32s dont have balance shafts).

I might do some more work on the head while it's off, like oversized valves and port matching. The port sizes on the 4G37/4G32 are plenty big enough. I've already put roller rockers on and it seems to have helped in the higher rpm range.

I've got an oversized throttle body (60mm) and ECI-Multi point injection to go on.

The 4G32/4G37 aren't that powerful when stock. They are designed to be an economy engine with low down torque in mind. The factory cam isn't setup for higher revs (ie power dies down after 5000rpm). The engine should respond to small mods above. I noticed a power increase when I went from 9.5:1 CR to 10.5:1, and this is on a tired engine with 400,000kms on the clock.