spark jumping???

rwd_mayhem

in my ae70 my 3a-u is playing up, you can hear sparking when listening to the motor, and it is causing the car to lurch when driving. what could be the possible causes? its electronic ignition so no points, it sounds as though it could be coming from the coil? ill look at it at night sometime and see if i can see the spark newhere.

now when the car is on(not running) theres a noise from the coil as if its creating spark when it shouldnt, sort of a frying noise, is it something to do with electronic ignition?

Stuffed leads. To see if leads are stuffed..

Pull lead off while car running and look down the lead. You will be able to see where the spark is jumping. If its jumping hard on a certain lead then insulation tape the end of the lead up real tight and plug it back on. This should temporarilly fix it.

Also check the sparkplugs to see if any have small cracks etc in them. Might have dark black etc down one side of a plug indication a small crack. This can also cause spark to jump wrong.