mazda pistons in austin 1300?

excort

there is alot of strange combos like this out there

i think it may have to do with the fact that alot of japanese Manufactures orginally based their engine designs off british ones.

for example datsun A series engines were also based off BMC/Austin designs. hence the A designation.

also, many engines use a common bore and stroke so other brands could fit..

A Simple google would tell you tho.

yeah well ive often wonderd if parts of datsun A series motors would fit be nice if one of them alloy heads would bolt on clearly there diferent tho :( ill have a look around and see what i can find be handy thing to know cheaper than buying forgies etc.

hey i just read on some random trade me auction that you can use mazda pistons on a 1300 does anyone know anything about this id think it would be a cheap upgrade compared to forgies cheers

why would the mazda pistons be any tougher than the austin ones? Prob just would change the compression.

Would have to research it i supose. I would think the reason they use those pistons is because they are the right diameter but shorter or larger to lower or raise compression. If they raise compression then itd be stupid to use them for a turbo application.

really some mechanic siad that it would blow holes in the pistons in acoupel hrs of use id get away with a low compression gasket wouldnt i ? if they make them that is

shouldn't do if you get fuelling, and iming right.

it wont like huge boost anyway, try keeping that shit cool in traffic let alone on the open road.

metro turbo engine for the win. either that, or just go worked n/a. minis love that shiz

meh, for the work (cutting firewall etc) to get the most results out of a sidedraft, for the fuel consumption, it's not worth it on a road car in my opinion (gotta have the long manifold or you're pouring even more gas down it with no real gain). 1.5" twin s.us are the go, if you can find some. I've got a set of genuine cooper works ones in the shed :wink: heh. not cheap etc.

all you miss out on is a little top end, which the 1275 engine doesn't really need, they give alot more midrange, and low end than a sidedraft, and fuckloads less fuel consumption. also are a perfectly simple bolt on.

not the 1.25" twins that are dime a dozen mind you...