mark 1 Tina and sr20DET or C18det

thminiman

Methodz100,

theres no problem id rather know if ppl were having some problems viewing or finding ther way around

it will indeed take a while if you are on dial-up

im sorry that it was frustrating you

the javascript menu will take a while to load before you could navigate around

i didnt think there was to many ppl left on dialup :)

its no drama to change a little line in the code

as fer the turbo is just an internal wastegate garrett roller with a .7 comp cover :)

Nice. So what revs does boost kick in and what revs do you limit at? Have been told the standard crank is good for 9200RPM you take it out there? Also would you recomend o ringing the block with it being so expensive?

Do you use the car as a street driver also if so what is the traction like and how have you set it up? Mini tubbed or anything along those lines.

Sorry bout all the questions ima nosey bugger

with the CA18DET most are RWD and out of early silvias S12 and S13

with teh SR20DET's most RWD are out of S14 and S15's so cost a bit more. can also get FWD ones out of P11 Primeras and a few other vehicles (GTiR Pulsar etc) but then there is teh added cost of converting it to RWD.

SR20's would handle power more than the CA18 as the turbo version of the SR was built to be a turbo engine. the CA series was first introduced in the early 80s and the DET is the final engine. it had a serious upgrade from the orginal but the SR would be better to handle power. the CA started out as a SOHC engine.

also i remember reading that Late SR20's arent the powerhouses that the early ones are. if your looking for power and strength then i suggest teh FJ20 but rember that they are gettin rare, expensive. and they are pretty damn heavy.

with the CA18DET most are RWD and out of early silvias S12 and S13

with teh SR20DET's most RWD are out of S14 and S15's so cost a bit more. can also get FWD ones out of P11 Primeras and a few other vehicles (GTiR Pulsar etc) but then there is teh added cost of converting it to RWD.

SR20's would handle power more than the CA18 as the turbo version of the SR was built to be a turbo engine. the CA series was first introduced in the early 80s and the DET is the final engine. it had a serious upgrade from the orginal but the SR would be better to handle power. the CA started out as a SOHC engine.

also i remember reading that Late SR20's arent the powerhouses that the early ones are. if your looking for power and strength then i suggest teh FJ20 but rember that they are gettin rare, expensive. and they are pretty damn heavy.

thanks man, that is Exactly the kind of information after, much appreciated

Nice. So what revs does boost kick in and what revs do you limit at? Have been told the standard crank is good for 9200RPM you take it out there? Also would you recomend o ringing the block with it being so expensive?

Do you use the car as a street driver also if so what is the traction like and how have you set it up? Mini tubbed or anything along those lines.

Sorry bout all the questions ima nosey bugger

the car is driven regularly its fully registered. just over the christmas new year break we drove it down to the beach for a bit of a cruise

it can be a bit exhaust loud but we have a device we can fit that reduces exhaust noise

as fer the crank, i have never heard of one braking yet .. as for revs well if you are still running the hydraulic buckets you are restricted in revs as they dont function well high in the revs

if you wnat to rev them this high you must convert to a solid camshaft and solid bbuckets with shim adjustment

we have still retained standard hydraulic buckets so rpm is about 8500

boost about 4500 i reckon

the car is certainly NOT mini tubbed or squared up it still retains factory size wheel wells.

i think its way cheaper for you to fit a cometic MLS head gasket. they are pretty cheap part number found here

traction is pretty good. we race using drag radials and have so far done a 1.62 60 footer hoping to improve on this soon

...SR20's would handle power more than the CA18 as the turbo version of the SR was built to be a turbo engine...

the CAdet is a specially built turbo engine

NA models are very different from the turbo variety

the sr20 also has NA version as well

just as it has a turbo version

both again differ internally from each other

I see. Any other little things I need to know about before building this engine. I was going to do.

Pistons, stress relieve rods, balance, head work, cams, springs, manifold, turbo, bov, wastegate, exhaust etc. Was hoping for round 250kw at tread if all goes well.