dylan's 1969 Ford Cortina MKII

dylan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right im getting there now all the bits that are new-teched have been filled with the welder or a plate welded in,grinded and rust proofed.....

weld1xw3.jpg

weld2he3.jpg

weld3wm9.jpg

weld4zu8.jpg

weld5gr1.jpg

weld6xg1.jpg

in this one you can see were i have quite crappily welded lol

weld7hahaucanseeweldlinqz2.jpg

im quite proud of this bit as i had to cut that whole bottom corner out and make up a new big bit to fit in

weld11quiteprouddn5.jpg

bits im yet to finish(please restrain from laughing at my welding skills :lol:

weld8dontlaughatweldtodxq1.jpg

weld9dontlaughatweldtoddj7.jpg

weld10dontlaughatweldtokw1.jpg

thats it for now

cheers

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

decided to pull the arse end out of the cortina today to try get it all cleaned up and eventually painted

backout1ty4.jpg

i got some of the bits cleaned up but still got plenty left to do lol i also got half the diff done but forgot to take a pic/cant be arsed

shined3me4.jpg

also i got a prop shaft to fit my gear box the only problem is i have to make it fit the driveshaft in the pic i think i will probably cut both shafts off and then get a welder to weld the sierra shaft on

driveshaft5mt0.jpg[/img]

the pile of bare metal bits grows ive inly got one leaf spring to do now then i will paint all the bits up i also slid underneath the car and scraped/wirebrushed the shit out of it for a good hour needless to say it was a mean workout it got all the looser shit off but the real dry hard crusty shit wasnt budging so i decided to leave it lol then i sprayed it hard out with rust proof and ill let it dry overnight and most probably paint it in chassis black paint tomorro

new2od0.jpg

new1qr0.jpg

so this morning i chassis blacked it basically only did the bits that i wouldnt be able to get at if all the gear was in there including in the wheel tubs behind where the shock would be

black1hg3.jpg

black2sg4.jpg

it was a cunty job ended up with black shit all over me

• 2 months later...