dylan's 1969 Ford Cortina MKII

dylan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well the 2L rad is to wide for my engine bay witch pissd me off a bit i might jus have to put the 1600 one in for now hopefully it will be enough to keep it cool.I think ill get the seats out of that sierra retrimmed in black and they should do till i can afford some better ones

incarwq1.jpg

[/img]

rad2tv7.jpg

rad1lu5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

primed the back mainly just to have it covered before we go campin but it came up alrite will still need a litle work though

primerpw6.jpg

also started strippen another door this time with paint stripper as i found the other doors worped a little bit using those wheel things but i ran out of bloody paint stripper :twisted:

doormm0.jpg

got the dash and a few other bits inside the car ready for primer

dashly7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

gave the new gearbox a much needed cleanup ready for paint

boxou0.jpg

and also our hotrod clubs having a shed raid not this weekend but the weekend after so me and the old man are doing general tidyups on both cars(splashin a bit of primer and tyre shine around lol)itl be good as were only a new club and this is the first time we woudve seen all the projects so ill be sure to put some pics up of them all

well the old man and i thought we'd have a go ar putting the motor and box in and we were expecting to have to change a few things but it slotted in there first time which suprised us.So we pulled it back out and i pulled the old gear box out and i quickly repainted the other one and put it on but then it started pissing down outside so we had to move my car back over and push dads back in.So now all were waiting on is some nice weather and well slot her in for good

motorindr7.jpg

[/img]

well the motors in all there is to do now is make a couple of spacers for the gearbox crossmember and cut the hole in the tunnel for the gearstick oh an touch up a bit of paint in the engine bay :D .its sitting at a much better ride height too now.

113mh7.jpg

2xj8.jpg

3xo7.jpg

so after putting the motor in i noticed there wasnt a hell of a lot of room for a radiator.Buut the one out of that sierra is pretty skinny so ive decided to try make that fit and also i probably wouldnt be able to afford a new one lol.so i cut all the unnecessary braketry and shit off and this was as far down as it would go i havnt tried the bonnet yet but id say it will be pretty damn close.

raddy1kh5.jpg

raddy2fv1.jpg

raddy3yu4.jpg

SMALL UPDATE--(pretty much like every other update lol)

made a template out of cardboard for a rad cover and the old mans going to cut out a nice shiney peice of alluminium

templatedv5.jpg

painted the gt drums

drumsgs4.jpg

and jacked it up ready to swap the brakes and drums over to gt stuff

jackedupde3.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...