do new model 4g engines fit in2 ex lancers?

Guest 82EVO

hey guys im doin the 4g63 twin cam into my lancer cam sensors goin to be close to the fire wall

few quick questions,

is the gear box out of a 79 4g52 galant the same as a rwd sigma?

an i got givin a l300 van with 4g63 surius, will this bolt up 2 the galant gearbox? i was thinkin of thrashin round with the 2L while im rebuilding/working the 2L dohc (the 1200cc of pure loose tappeted smokey gurnt just doesnt cut it)

will the l300 diff center fit my diff housing?

the 4g52 gearbox is cable clutch and will bolt atraight up to the 4g63, both sohc and dohc.

if the sohc 4g63 is being used and it's RWD then you will also need the 4g52 flywheel and clutch.

if the 4g63 is FWD(both sohc and dohc) then you will require the starter, flexiplate, flywheel and clutch from the 4g52.

don't be foolish and try to use the flywheel and clutch from the 4g63 cause although it looks the same on closer inspection the flywheel has a slightly different offset and the clutch is slightly skinnier resulting in the clutch not engaging the flywheel.

you could also use a RWD sigma gearbox from the 4g63 and not have to change anything if the motor is RWD or just the flexiplate if its FWD. but i think the sigma gearbox's have an extension on the tailshaft of the box making the shifter sit about 2" further back. if you use this box you may have to cut the hole in your trans tunnel another couple of inches back to accomodate the shifter.