Radiator/Cooling Problem - Mk2 Esky

rednfast

Just reconditioned the Carb over the weekend, plugged it all back in, hooked up the auto choke that was previously disconnected. Started up the car, and left it to warm up so I could set the mixture/idle.

5 mins later there was water pissing out of the overflow tube that comes off the radiator cap, steam everywhere etc.

Turned the car off and there was mega steam comming out. So I changed the radiator cap and thermostat. I had already cleaned out the auto choke so no blockage problems as far as I can tell. Refilled coolant. Started it up and 5 mins later same problem.

The temp guage is only reading 1/2 when the water starts to piss out, and when the thermostat closes the water starts to come out like mad.

Any Ideas on what it could be? Im wondering if the radiator is all clogged up, as its pretty old by the looks.

Thanks.

then rip the radiator out and flush it ....... and with the head ive done those heaps takes at the most say about 1 1/2 on and off , and the headgasket is about ..k cant remember lol , but suounds like your headgasket aye take the radi cap off and run the thing , OR run the car from cold for 2 mins then take the cap off , if it pops off then well yea heagsket or cracked head