very weird problem with the esky

Stacov

man, i wouldnt trust any carb thats been inflamed and almost ruined ya car. id strip it down to the last screw/spring and reassemble. or go for new

yeah i didnt really wanta put it back on the car, but didnt have any other carby. I striped most of it and replace the parts with what i had left in my rebuilt kit

but yeah i think ill go for another carby for the mo even if its a 32/36 carb should still go alright

well still got the 40/40 on there had a play with the mixtures and yep thats the problem :lol:

got it to the best i can get it without having any gear.

so when i press the brake now it drops the revs instead of making them go sky high

and while driving it sweet as and after awhile u can idle and touch the brakes and it stays at the same idle. i think i need a vac tank? pretty sure that would solve my problem

car also going alot better then what it was still not 100% but never is intill its on the dyno aye :D

grab a vacuum tank off a diesel hilux, they have nicely done ones...... not sure if they have a check valve on their system though, seeing as they run a vacuum pump on the alternator.. you could pick up a nicely priced check valve through me :P would just need to know what pipe sizing you're doing etc...

easy as mang, just rock to TOYOTAZ or manawatu commercial and 4x4 wreckers in palmy (keith st, or armstrong street) and get one off a hilux diesel then get a check valve. can get a pic of a check valve from work (designed for use with compressed air, but turn it around and it'll work for vacuum me thinks..maybe, will have a look tomorrow ) otherwise just get the check valve off a late model turbo jap car's brake booster system.... stops the air flowing back into the tank/booster, which you dont want it to do or the tank will be pointless and it'll mess with your engine etc

pic of vacuum tank on bros filthy 4wd 'lux

tank1medium2gh.th.jpg

would be an easy as a mofo install job, hell, even sparkle/lowlancer would be able to think they could do it :lol:

just a tiny little update ripped off the 40/40 carb and well u know what happen all the petrol fell out the bottom no wonder the car was running so ruff.

anyways put a 32/36 carby on still had the same problem with the brake and revs then Put the rear muffer on the car and the problem i had is nearly gone can barely notice it now wierd :lol:

32/36 carby made my car idle heaps better real lumpy sounded like a rotary before i put the rear muffer on. I had too this thing was way too loud!!!

still goes alright got abit of a deadspot when u floor it nothing abit of tuning wont fix :)