FORD 1600

Guest mark09

Guest Eddie W

Don't think you'd want domed pistons even with a chamber head Pushrod. The chamber can only be quite small. With my 1800 we had a chamber ground into a flat head and had to have a dish in the piston for 10.5 to one. The mk2 1500 block also ran a crank with the 6 bolt flywheel and one piece seal if I remember right. Although the main caps are a lot deeper on the bolt shoulders than the MK1 block, I still ran strongbacks on mine even though many people said they didn't need them. Maybe not but that motor ran for over 20yrs pulling up to 8500 and only died when a valve head let go. The screw on filter is more to do with the 3 bolt oil pump. I used to run a 4bolt that was high volume and high pressure whereas with the 3bolt you could only get a high pressure upgrade.

Eddie

• 1 month later...
ok I dug up some info from my extensive archives :wink:

The 711M block came about in 1970. It features a stiffer crankcase and stronger main bearing caprs. They're square shouldered as opposed to the earlier round type. They have a more modered screw in oil filter type of pump rather than the canister and element version like the MKII Gotina.

The head face is also flat, while the block carries the corresponding pistons to go with it. These are the ones that are most suited to high-power tuning.

You will find 711's in both 1300 & 1600 in every Ford car from then on. Eventually phased out for the pinto and cvh engines. But it still lives on today, called the Endura, a version is found in the Ka and the Fiesta and Valencia versions.

Like I said previously, the best way of determining a 1600 is in the cast stamp. The number will end in BA. ie. 711M-6015-B-A, the 1100/1300 will be AA.

speaking about the 1600 and fastiva links,

do you know anthing about using the electronic ignition from a fastiva int a

BA xflow

yes, you can use an electronic setup from a MKII Fiesta.. not to be confused with a Festiva.

Unfortunately we didn't get Fiesta's here so finding one would be a mission. Unless you know someone in the UK who can source one for you.

I have all the info on what need to be done to fit it too so if you ever get one let me know.