Scratches on my head...

WildPlumDx

oh woah thanks for the info! i guess a bit of sand paper just too smooth the edges out should do the trick !? also that carbon build up on the valves i picked it off with my finger nail this arvo real easy came off so thats interesting tho i never heard that one the sharp edges causing pre ignition and what not cheers~! still need to know how to do the timing tho...

Just use a wire brush attatchment on the end of a drill bro. Best not to use anything too abrasive like grit paper aye.

The crap on the exhuast valves probably wont all come off tho, so what I do is just use a bench grinder with a wire brush on it. Works well :wink:

For that you've gota be abit more careful if theyre still in the motor, you have to make sure carbon and stuff doesnt get down between the piston and the bore...

Just use a sharpish peice of wood or something and scrape it off, try not to use anything too hard tho, cos it could damage the piston (being alloy). The carbon on the top of pistons should come off pretty easily.

I think that should make sense but cant be bothered reading back over it right now, soo tired haha :P