Funny Sound in the eskie

Jerm

Ok i had a wagon and when i had it about 1200-1500 rpm it used to make this wierd jingleing sound... its wierd.. then i sold it.. and apparently the gearbox died on it about 2 months later i think my mate was thrashing it...

Anyways mine started makign that wierd jingling sound a few weeks ago, and now just as i get off the mway on the way to work it started making this real fucked up sound... like the gearbox is fucked like a rattling... anyone had this prob before? i wa slate for work so didn't have time to fuck around and listen to it properly... It seemed to drive fine though...

Could it just be possible i have a stone or something in the gb housing? cos i can't get the boot that covers the clutch fork to stay on.....?

Guest WESTCORT

cant say its happened to me bro... maybe it isnt bolted up tight? or something along those lines since you have just put your car back together, maybe havent torqued something up right?

Guest blown4

i got a similar problem with my corty,mainly when it idles tho.

i searched for ages to figure wot the noise was and even done a head stand in the engine bay to get a good listen(bet you got mind pictures of that)it turned out to be my starter motor,still dont know exactly wot it is in there(havent pulled it out yet,too lazy)but i figured may be that may be some help to you...oh its a 2ltr by the way,dunno wot yours is.