5spd In Starlet - Easy??

Muzzie

Kp60 starlet, currently got a 4spd in it, been offered a 5.

Is it as simple as bolt out bolt in? Or is there more work that needs done?

Also, will it make it quicker? Or just top speed? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it or not.

Primarily used on dirt track (2nd and 3rd gears) but will (I hope) do the odd track day - in which case 4th and 5th.

But would it go any quicker? Or is it just complicated unlessness?

it will bolt up fairly easily, depending on if its a starlet one or not.

in my experience, its not any quicker, the ratios only differ by a very small amount, depending how much you get it for, it could be worth it, they arent hard to swap over etc and resell if you have to.

i did mine over the weekend, piss easy! i know fuck all about cars and was able to do it on my own! apart from physically lifting the box in place and lining it up. i got my mate to give me a hand for 10 minutes and the rest was all on my own.

i think i got the k50 though :? but i'm not 100% sure. the reason i think it is a k50 is because everything lines up perfectly, even the shifter hole :D. it doesnt make 2 much difference aye, my starly would top out at 140 with the 4 spd and now its not even 160 (with top out i mean without passing redline) it cruises nicer though on the motorway etc

i havnt actually told you anything you want to know but yeah. if you have a q or 2 then just ask me.

p.s. wouldnt it be funny if you tried to do a g'box swap and for some mysterious reason the starly wouldnt go on track day :P you wont be able to beat me then HAHAHAHA :twisted::twisted::twisted: and you wouldnt need 5th at the taupo track day though...

i did mine over the weekend, piss easy! i know fuck all about cars and was able to do it on my own! apart from physically lifting the box in place and lining it up. i got my mate to give me a hand for 10 minutes and the rest was all on my own.

i think i got the k50 though :? but i'm not 100% sure. the reason i think it is a k50 is because everything lines up perfectly, even the shifter hole :D. it doesnt make 2 much difference aye, my starly would top out at 140 with the 4 spd and now its not even 160 (with top out i mean without passing redline) it cruises nicer though on the motorway etc

i havnt actually told you anything you want to know but yeah. if you have a q or 2 then just ask me.

p.s. wouldnt it be funny if you tried to do a g'box swap and for some mysterious reason the starly wouldnt go on track day :P you wont be able to beat me then HAHAHAHA :twisted::twisted::twisted: and you wouldnt need 5th at the taupo track day though...

I'm more worried about the battery at the moment, damn heap of crap 5 year old thing. Might have to clutch it on track day - hmmmmmmm. Anybody got jumper leads?? :)