Power Steering Prob

Jerm

Ok my missus is borrowing a saab of her dad i think its a '91 one of those turbo ones a 9000? well anywyas.. the power steering is playing up and they took it to a place which the previous owner said she alwways used to go too... they said its a $700 job.. apparently the power steering belt and the tensioner need replacing and the tensioner needs to come from aussie.... anyone know much about this? i haven't looked at it yet but i'm pretty sure i coudl get a second hand tensioner if i can find one? and a new belt from repco and do it myself for piss all?.....

Well I imagine the power steering runs of the accessory belt.... Depends what is stuffed on the tensioner. The thread could be shagged (in which case... eww...) I dont really know too much about this stuff, but if the tensioner doesnt adjust enough (but still sdjusts some) get a belt smaller by about 5 or 10 mm smaller ;) (just kidding there..... I would do that on someone elses saab...)

Guest Jamezuu

Some euro cars have real fancy tensioners, i wouldnt be suprised if it was going to cost that much. Had a volvo about the same year at work ages ago and the tensioner was 350. what sort of belt does it run? a normal V or a ribbed?