kp62 starlet questions =)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just saw the website on a nice old esky and thought i'd check it out - nice to see so many people interested in these cars still :)

Anyways - ive got a kp62 starlet with some mods (4k + 5 speed + shocks and springs) and im wanting to do more to the suspension and brakes - but ive got no idea where to start looking or whats available for them still...

for now im not interested in doing anything more to the driveline untill ive sorted out the brakes and susension better - as its got a few "issues" with turning corners at the moment (drifts if turning right - grips if turning left)\

i got a new set of tyres for it that im waiting for a tyreshop to open so i can get them fitted and i'll see how much of a difference that makes - but i think its got something to do more with the state of the bushes in the suspension setup at the moment....

can you still get new or nolathane bushes for these cars?

i can get rose jointed rear axel links to replace the factory bushes and links and im waiting for a price on them - im guessing that will stop the rear axel moving round on the car in corners a bit better than its currently doing...

what else can be done to these cars?

bit of background - i used to have gti-r's, 180sx's, te71's and crx's and wanted this for a cheap to run - fun car :) and i like doing my own work on things at my friends workshops (thanks to them - saves me a bundle on tools :) and for people who have modern cars i also do chipping and tuning on nissan and honda ecu's as a sideline...

so - who here would be willing to give me a rundown on what can be done suspension wise for this old toy of mine :) (and anything else for that matter =)

ciao for now

lawrence

Well the best thing for you to do is go to the shock shop penrose. they arent open untill jan 10th though. they can get you nolathane or standard bushes for youre car. im thinking you need a wheel alignment and probably some new shocks. this will get it driving nice. so yeah. go to the shock shop penrose, they do everything for me over there. they are good at what they do and do alot of work on modify'ed cars so they know there stuff.

Wait for repco to have a 25% off everything sale and then go and get all new nolathanes, better than paying full price cause they add up pretty quickly. That will tighten everything up alot. After that I'd check your shocks out, they might need replacing. I have no idea what would cause it to drift one direction an then grip the other :?

Welcome to oldschool aswell :D